Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

MME Note

(1/3) > >>

jpschust:
Hey just something to consider with the MME and the internal calibration controls... gotta have a metric allen wrench to get inside!  

So I've used mine in the field and in the studio.  I'm having mixed results.  I cant tell how I feel about it yet.  So far I'm thinking I might want to put a Sonosax in front of it.  That or an OADE brick.  Strangely enough I prefer the AD1000 pre...

Bri:
have you been able to shoot them out? I ws wondering how you would control gain when I first saw the front of the mme. I was pretty close to selling the AD1000 but I wanted to wait to hear the reviews....

thanks for posting
Bri

JeffK:
I thought it was a 1/16" allen wrench that was needed... but it's probably very close to another metric size :)

The jumpers are VERY easy to change out.  Even though they're easy, I would still suggest that the vendors who cater to the taping scene change the jumpers as a "service" to their customers :)  The jumpers have no effect whatsoever when using the Mini-Me as a standalone A/D in line-in mode, only when running mic-in will it even matter.

As far as the preamp, I'm not sold on it either.  I need to do some A/B comparisons with the AD1000.  

Anyone ever run mics > xlr splitter > 2 preamps?  Like, CMC64V > XLR splitter > minime + ad1000.  I'd guess that there'd be a phantom power issue... although batteries wired in parallel still give the same voltage, just increased current.    I plan to do some CMC64V > V2/MP-2 > XLR splitter > minime + ad1000 as well... maybe throw in a sonosax too, I know a punk kid who has one ;)

Bri:
not sure how mics do when you split them and send +48V Phantom accross pin 2 &3. I am curious what would happen, but have never tried it... but me too! This would also be another good ? for the Oadies...

Bri

phriendlyguy:
i would also like to do a test, mics>V3>ad1000, minime, as well as V3 ad>DAT, curious as to how that thing will stand up to apogee's proven killer A/D converters.  stay tuned for the results as soon as it gets here.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version