Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New to video. Looknig for advice/criticism.  (Read 1935 times)

Offline SeanceMascara

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
New to video. Looknig for advice/criticism.
« on: September 17, 2009, 01:13:01 PM »
Hey all,

I've decided to start recording video of some shows I go to and trying to create a multi cam mix if I can. I've just uploaded the first show I've done this way and I was looking for advice and tips on improving things.
The show can be found here:
http://fanmaderecordingsvideo.blogspot.com/

The main angle was filmed by myself the and other was filmed by my girlfriend. She only got about 15 minutes of footage which I then mashed into mine.

-Chris.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: New to video. Looknig for advice/criticism.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 04:31:39 PM »
act like you own the place!

watch other videos and see what they do, emphasis the guitar playing, drumming, singing. Zoom in/out more but make it steady. If you want a static shot, hold still and don't bounce and the best way to prevent this is to use the viewfinder, not the lcd screen. get down low and up high for a different perspective and for more interesting camera angels.

you will get better with time and practice as long as you know what you want it to look like before you begin to film. just imagine how you want it to look when you watch it.

good luck!
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com