Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG C1000 Help (Signal Level)  (Read 2146 times)

Offline shroominhumpy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team Ghetto Rig--Cheap gear. Sick Tapes.
AKG C1000 Help (Signal Level)
« on: January 28, 2004, 09:01:22 PM »
I just got my new mics from Peterbuilt (very nice and smooth transaction), found a way to test them, but am not getting anywhere near a useable single level on my MD recorder. I do not have mic input and wouldnt use it if I did. So I need to boost my signal to get useable levels from my line input. I would like some suggestions on how to get this signal gain. Now as you can see from my mic choice I do not have much money. I would like to spend $50 or less if possible. I am also in need of some XLR>XLR cables (so suggestions here are welcome too), but have a Musicians Friend outlet in town and may end up getting those there. Thank you guys so much for your help. This community rocks. (No pun intended)

Jason
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:AKG C1000 Help (Signal Level)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 09:03:04 PM »
Low-z to hi-z line transformers will give you the gain you need for around $50.  Check the Archival Info forum for some part #s.  As for cables, cheapest way is probably to make them.  Or just get a cheapo pair at a local musician's shop.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 10:10:33 PM »
just a warning though- dont get the hosa crap- their stuff never fails to break on me.  try to hit it a notch up from there.

Offline shroominhumpy

• Taperssection Regular
  • Team Ghetto Rig--Cheap gear. Sick Tapes.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 10:15:17 PM »
What do you recommend then? I was looking at just getting the Radio Shack models for now. Do you think that those would work for now?

Jason
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

jpschust

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 11:11:20 PM »
if they have the cables out id pull back the sheathing so you can see the soldering... otherwise i believe musicians friend had the BLUE cables on sale for pretty cheap- all the BLUE calbes are really well made.

Offline drumminj

• Taperssection Member
    • my photos
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 01:32:57 AM »
Damn Musician's Friend.  I bought some monitors from them a while back, and now I cannot get them to stop sending their newsletter.  Tried to unsubscribe three times to no avail.  Emailed their customer service and bitched.  Guy was incredibly apologetic, said he'd take me off.  About a month later, I start getting the newsletters once a week again. ARGH.  I give up :(

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com