Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

New Pueblo Preamp Coming

<< < (9/9)

dactylus:
Gearslutz post from Scott yesterday:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/remote-possibilities-in-acoustic-music-and-location-recording/1107671-battery-powered-preamp-6.html#post13916633

Hello GS'ers,

It is true that I have had to suspend the ISLETA project. There are a number of reasons for this reluctant decision. The most significant of which is economic sustainability.

Consider that Pueblo Audio (a very small company) manufactures not one... not two... but SIX flagship products. Four models within the JR-Series product range and two within the OLLA DI product range. The effort required for building, maintaining inventory, sales, promotion, accounting, client and dealer relations, etc., is very formidable. With recent changes in costs for raw material and taxation, it became evident that adding a seventh product to the line would over extend the company. I have invested much $$$ and R&D into ISLETA and feel this is will be a "hit product". None the less, it must wait until economic and market climates are more favorable. For now ISLETA must remain in hibernation.

One step I am taking to help sustainability is that the four channel JR4 and P4 models will become inactive when current stocks are sold out. This will help reduce inventory work load and hopefully make room for ISELTA in the future. So if anyone has been interested in these particular models, now may be the time to pick them up before they're gone.

The JR-Series preamps will continue on with the JR2/2 two channel preamp and the PS34 power supply. Though I have not officially announced this, I will let you know about a new development. In tandem with the standard JR2/2, this summer I shall offer an upgraded version: the JR2/2+. Added to the Phantom Channels will be a gentle 35Hz Hi-Pass Filter. Added to the Mic Preamp Channels will be a Gain Boost switch which adds +15dB of gain to the Main Outputs, bringing the total max gain to +80dB. These new features were implemented without disturbing the preamp's established high performance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version