Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Talk between songs

<< < (2/7) > >>

caitjim:
Thanks all. I don't like the idea of tracking out the banter as it was fairly integral to the show - explaining history of the songs etc. Parallel compression sounds like an idea. I'll wait to see if anyone else replies. Thanks all for taking the time to reply and Tim in Jersey for the welcome. U r a friendly lot.

Dan33185:
It's really up to you, there's no right or wrong way to track banter. I usually leave it at the end of the track and start the next track with the next song. I also amplify the chat a bit as it's usually way lower than the music and can make for a difficult listen.

morst:
For me, in most cases, if it's over a minute, talking gets its own track. Sometimes I'll do talking tracks as short as 30 seconds if it really has nothing to do with either song. I make no effort to change volume level for talking parts. People have a knob.

Gutbucket:
I basically do that. 

If the talk is about the following song, I'll place the marker for that song at the beginning of the relevant talk about it (which could be anywhere in the 'tween-song banter after the last song).  If the talk about it goes longer than 15-20 seconds, I place another marker at the start of the song and label the banter about it "intro to song_" forming its own track.  It's a subjective call.  But that way listeners can skip ahead to the music and/or choose not play the "intro to_" tracks at all.

Whether or not I modify loudness depends on how extreme the difference is an how much effort I'm putting into the whole thing.

caitjim:
*** Ive just downloaded Ocenaudio and have split the show into individual tracks of either music or intros and then boosted the volume in the spoken tracks, put everything back together and am very pleased with the outcome.
Is there a really easy splitter to use that can split the long MP3 into individual tracks? Ocenaduio does it but there is probably a simpler means.
Thanks for all your advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version