Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG KM235 T-Bar Question  (Read 1806 times)

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Retired Taper
AKG KM235 T-Bar Question
« on: August 23, 2004, 10:09:36 AM »
Ok.  Noob here.  I got a bogen stand that has the 5/8" tip and I have the AKG KM235 t-bar.  Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to connect the t-bar to the stand?  I am looking for specifics as to which adaptor I need.  Thanks.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: AKG KM235 T-Bar Question
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 10:13:01 AM »
Ok.  Noob here.  I got a bogen stand that has the 5/8" tip and I have the AKG KM235 t-bar.  Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to connect the t-bar to the stand?  I am looking for specifics as to which adaptor I need.  Thanks.

you simply screw the tbar onto the 5/8" thread. i run one myself.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 12:41:25 PM »
Ok.  More specifics.  I am going off memory since I don't have the stuff here.  The stand has a solid 5/8" stud with no threads as I remember, and I didn't think the t-bar has a threaded hole.  So, unless the stud on the stand can be unscrewed and the t-bar placed directly on top of the stand and the stud screwed back on, it seems I will need some sort of adaptor.  Am I missing something?
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 12:50:23 PM »
The AKG t-bar has a 5/8"-27 female thread.  Your stand has a 5/8"male stud.  Check the Archival Info thread title something like "Mic stands" for the adapters you need to convert the 5/8" male stud to a 5/8"-27 male thread.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 01:41:29 PM »
+T's to Moke & Brian for the help.  I missed the adaptor info in the mic stand archive document.  My bad.  Thanks.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com