Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG 460s problem  (Read 4480 times)

Offline jkoch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • groovy!
Re: AKG 460s problem
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 03:40:35 PM »
talked to JW, he says he doesn't know exactly what it is and i'd most likely get back a moddified mic that still has issues and won't work right. in other words, his advice is to send it to akg first.
Schoeps MK4s > active cables > NBox+ > Edirol R-09HR

Offline EA

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2004, 04:14:01 PM »
Well that's a fuckin' drag. Did you talk to the person you bought 'em from to see if they'd step up to help with cost of repairs? Hope you get it all worked out. Never any fun to buy something and have it not be usable.

talked to JW, he says he doesn't know exactly what it is and i'd most likely get back a moddified mic that still has issues and won't work right. in other words, his advice is to send it to akg first.
Why is there no boxing in the special olympics?

Offline jkoch

• Taperssection Member
  • groovy!
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2004, 04:21:28 PM »
ok, so i think i'm a moron and that i didn't look closely enough the first time. upon elaborate testing today i've concluded that it actually is one of the ck61 capsules. i think i got thrown off before b/c the jb3 did that change left > right and right > left thingy when i paused the recording i was making to swap the capsules. this time i just monitored everything multiple times and wasn't actually recording, etc and it's clearly one of the capsules..sorry for the bother guys
Schoeps MK4s > active cables > NBox+ > Edirol R-09HR

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Proud member of team 'Lux!
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2004, 04:44:50 PM »
I had a similiar problem with my very first pair of Superlux capsules(one of them).  One side would have heavy levels just like that when recording nothing and if you cranked both sides of the UA-5 you could get a very audible hum/buzz out of one side...changed capsules with bodies and narrowed it down to a problem with one capsule.   Think it was a grounding issue.    They had me return the whole set to them and they sent me an entirely new set since it was under warranty.
http://taping.4t.com
http://db.etree.org/CV
Superlux CM-H8K/C/H/O -> digimod UA-5 -> JB3

Offline muj

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2004, 03:22:55 AM »
may i suggest stephen paul audio to fix your mics.Finest service and work there is.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com