Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Questions about taping equipment?  (Read 1388 times)

Offline B_Pony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Questions about taping equipment?
« on: December 03, 2004, 04:12:01 PM »
Hey everyone,
I am doing research for one of my humanities courses. It is for a student presentation that I am doing on the technology of taping equipment. I am looking for information about the history, evolution , specifications, and details about taping equipment.
Any information would be helpful and greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to learning more about this, especially since it is something that I have been familiar within the community, but only know about on the surface level.

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Questions about taping equipment?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 04:33:51 PM »
get to a library and look for "The Deadhead's Taping Compendium" Volumes I-IV, they contain a nice history at the beginning of each volume. As for gear, check the FAQ on this site. Also this site is decent, although there are some mistakes it should give you a decent overview http://www.moelinks.com/random/source/
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Tall Adam

• The Artist Formerly Known as GQJSP
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 04:35:26 PM »
always liked this article alot. i did a little powerpoint about the history of taping in high school (when i was still patching with an MD no less  :P) but i used that as a source. good luck with the research! +t for comming to the right place

Offline B_Pony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 03:15:52 AM »
Thanks a lot guys for the quick responses. I am having a lot of fun and learning so much already. Especially discovering a lot of great new sites!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com