Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New caps for the 853rx?  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Unitmonster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • taboot taboot
    • List
New caps for the 853rx?
« on: February 21, 2005, 07:33:04 AM »
Thinking about picking up a 2nd set of caps for my 853's and am trying to decide which to get.  I don't think that there are omnis available, only sub-cardioids, so I wonder if i'm going to find that much more versatility switching to those (thinking especially along the lines of stealthing up front).  Also,  I've never tried taping from a stand at show with these mics, so I don't know how doing that with a set of hypers might go.  Kinda torn.  Any suggestions?
AT853rx (c,sc,o)> Fostex FR2-LE (Busman T-Mod)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: New caps for the 853rx?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 08:05:44 AM »
Do you open tape more, or stealth more?
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Unitmonster

• Taperssection Member
  • taboot taboot
    • List
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 08:34:33 AM »
proabably stealth, or at least small venues not on stands.  Thing is I've been using them in Europe exclusively so far where there are virtually no taper-friendly venues, but will be moving back to North America in a month.  My idea had been to patch from the bomb Neumann/Shoeps rigs at the big name shows (MMW, Trey, etc.) and reserve use of my own rig for smaller shows where I'm more likely to be the only taper.  Hope that's clear.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 08:38:46 AM »
Yeah totally... Well, my $.02 is that omnis rule for stealthing.   THere's gonna be about 600 responses opposite of me, but that's my opinion.  I've had problems with 853Rx Cards being extremely sensitive to my movements while wearing the mics, as well as people around me moving.  It translates into flange-like sounds - like something obstructing the sound from the PA before it hit my mics.  YMMV though.

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Diamond_D

• Taperssection Member
  • Who's not honoring me now?
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 09:08:05 AM »
Alpha sells subs, hypers, and omnis for the 853. I've heard others say they have bought caps there and recommended the place.

http://www.alphasoundandlighting.com/overheadmics.html
SP-C4's > Canare Star Quads > UA5 (bm2p+) > H120

"Drums, Guitars, and Death. They finally got it right."
        Beavis & Butthead

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 09:18:04 AM »
I think that's where I got mine, and I believe they've sold out (of omnis).  They did have them at $28 per cap at one point though.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Unitmonster

• Taperssection Member
  • taboot taboot
    • List
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 11:33:33 AM »
Ahhh, so they DO have omnis for the 853's.  After checking the spec sheet on the mic and the soundpros website I didn't think any existed.  That definately helps the decision.  +T guys!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com