Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Leegeddy's speaker cables...  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Leegeddy's speaker cables...
« on: March 16, 2005, 09:26:41 PM »
So I've been planning on writing up a nice review of my new cables and doing a good A/B with my synergistic research cables and maybe even the HD's. Well today was the first day this week (my spring break) that I was home all day and I just couldn't bring myself to switch the cables around... I've been critically listening all day to these cables for the first time and they sound fantastic... I don't want to listen to either of the other two cables at all. These things are crystal clear and detailed through the spectrum, the soundstage seems to be opening up over the course of the week or so that I've had them in... I'm really impressed, thanks to Marc for making a great product and being a first class guy to deal with.

I'll get a real review out of these cables soon but right now I'm just having too much fun listening :)
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline leegeddy

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: Leegeddy's speaker cables...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 10:51:10 PM »
So I've been planning on writing up a nice review of my new cables and doing a good A/B with my synergistic research cables and maybe even the HD's. Well today was the first day this week (my spring break) that I was home all day and I just couldn't bring myself to switch the cables around... I've been critically listening all day to these cables for the first time and they sound fantastic... I don't want to listen to either of the other two cables at all. These things are crystal clear and detailed through the spectrum, the soundstage seems to be opening up over the course of the week or so that I've had them in... I'm really impressed, thanks to Marc for making a great product and being a first class guy to deal with.

I'll get a real review out of these cables soon but right now I'm just having too much fun listening :)

tim;
so glad to hear that you like them. i'm finishing up that "prototype" we discussed, just waiting on the AQ silver plated spades to come in.

i just received 180g vinyl of Diana Krall's "The Girl in the Other Room" and Steely Dan's "Everything Must Go" from aMusicDirect today. gonna hook up the new YS Symphonies tube pre to my Rega and do some listening over the weekend!!

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline Tim

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 11:19:17 PM »
enjoy marc!

looking forward to hearing the prototype cables.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline ducati

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 08:28:55 AM »
tim;
so glad to hear that you like them. i'm finishing up that "prototype" we discussed, just waiting on the AQ silver plated spades to come in.

i just received 180g vinyl of Diana Krall's "The Girl in the Other Room" and Steely Dan's "Everything Must Go" from aMusicDirect today. gonna hook up the new YS Symphonies tube pre to my Rega and do some listening over the weekend!!

marc

Sorry to hijack here, what Rega do you run?

Offline leegeddy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 12:20:45 PM »
tim;

marc

Sorry to hijack here, what Rega do you run?

ducati;

it's a Planar 3 with different upgraded parts and such.

marc

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 12:49:05 PM »

we should just open a subforum for marc (leegeddy) fluffing
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline leegeddy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 12:53:43 PM »

thanks, but no thanks. just send them cigars!! :)

marc

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 01:04:18 PM »

thanks, but no thanks. just send them cigars!! :)

marc

i am running low, you know I am about to order, I can fix your cigar need

:P
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline ducati

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 04:34:29 PM »

ducati;

it's a Planar 3 with different upgraded parts and such.

marc

PM me when you get a moment--I have a P3/Elys and I've never been happy with it's sound...

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
Re: Leegeddy's speaker cables... (Lavender Lightning) pics included
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005, 01:43:30 PM »
At long last my new speaker cables are here!  Out of the box they sound great!  All the usual differences one would expect from going from copper to silver cables: tighter bass, more defined highs, and an unexpected benefit....a dramatic amount of noise has been removed!  ;D  With no disk playing and the new cables hooked up I put my amp at full volume.  I used to have some light static/noise if I did this and it's now absent.

I'm gonna give them a few weeks to burn in and come back here and post a review.  Here are a few pics:

"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com