Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ALD's  (Read 5043 times)

Offline snapple ryes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • ``release the hounds
ALD's
« on: November 04, 2005, 07:27:09 PM »
venturing off to tape Sir Paul on this fine evening. i've searched through every ALD/IEM thread on here and couldnt find anything that mentioned which jack you plug the 1/8" cable into on your deck, optimal line-in, mic-in, or the headphone jack. i'll be taping with MD.
i talked with a friend about this some time ago and i thought he mentioned something about plugging into the headphone jack, but my memory is hazy so i thought i'd ask here.
- The isolation of science from feeling, emotion, purpose, singular events, and historic identity, endeared it to more limited minds. But it is not, perhaps, an accident that most of the great spirits in science, from Kepler and Newton to Faraday and Einstein, kept alive in their thought the presence of God - not as a mode of explaining events, but as a reminder of why they're ultimately as unexplainable today as they were in their time.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/abandonshows/past_torrents.html

"been there done that" attitudes are for folks who are too cool to be happy.

Offline Evil Taper

• Needs to get out more...
  • Going pro...no time for taping now
Re: ALD's
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 11:53:02 PM »
here we go again...
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline KingReptile

• Taperssection Member
  • Injection is Nice I'd Rather Be Blown----
    • http://www.angelfire.com/music5/d8maniac/KingReptile_home
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 12:10:38 AM »
You not working latetly Evil?? That dude asking about the ALD must be a buddy of Karls with all his - ticket counts..

Offline Evil Taper

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 12:16:22 AM »
yeah i've had alot of free late nights this week.  my crew took pm jobs now so we can't go get crazy all the time....and my girl is crazy busy right now.  so yeah, i'm just chillin it out...

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 12:21:43 AM »
I think it's the 4.5V DC In jack.  ;D
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline snapple ryes

• Taperssection All-Star
  • ``release the hounds
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 04:00:09 PM »
haha, thanks dolts. have any of you considered a career in stand up comedy? very good stuff here....

anyways, everything went smooth. even got some new info about what venues are doing about the whole ALD taper situation, but this doesnt seem to be info sharing thread at this point...perhaps some other time.
- The isolation of science from feeling, emotion, purpose, singular events, and historic identity, endeared it to more limited minds. But it is not, perhaps, an accident that most of the great spirits in science, from Kepler and Newton to Faraday and Einstein, kept alive in their thought the presence of God - not as a mode of explaining events, but as a reminder of why they're ultimately as unexplainable today as they were in their time.

Offline itook2much

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 05:12:14 PM »
hopefully busting tapers and offering the devices to the truly hearing challenged?

I agree.  If you wanna tape using ALD, you need to bring your own.  There's no excuse for possibly preventing someone else from enjoying the show at all just to make a tape.
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

Offline snapple ryes

• Taperssection All-Star
  • ``release the hounds
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 01:48:39 PM »
rats. forgot to bring the cheese. i'll be right back...

Offline kfrinkle

• Karl Frinkle Dot Net
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 03:11:22 PM »
a friend of MINE? I thought i wasnt allowed to have friends?
-Karl
MBHO KA200n's > Naiant Tinybox (v2.1) > Sony PCM-M10
http://tooldriveproject.net

Offline Evil Taper

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 04:16:27 AM »
your my friend Karl, and you wouldn't pull shit like this either. ;D

Offline snapple ryes

• Taperssection All-Star
  • ``release the hounds
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »
you guys are slackin on the -T's.
get it together, people.

imissmybus

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 06:46:23 PM »
This guy is slime, I approached him about a trade or B&P to which he declined which is fine. (disappointing but fine)   He then proceeded to ask me for help on a specific venue & how the best way to get gear in would be & then.....this is sweet, said that if I went to this show he was attempting to tape and backed him up by taping  myself he'd make me a copy of the show I wanted.     Let's see....$$$ for ticket + DAT Tape + time, travel, etc..= 60 cents worth of CD's?    Isn't that bootlegging/blackmail?

Offline redbook

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 06:17:26 AM »
when stealthing, using microphones or ALDs or whatever you want to get your recording is equally not honorable

Offline Evil Taper

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 08:01:48 AM »
not true buddy.  someone taping a show with microphones in the audience is definately not the same as using a box intended for a hearing impaired fan.  when you're picking up one of these devices you're preventing someone who actually needs it from hearing the show.  that's definately different then just recording with gear that you brought in which is NOT affecting any other concert goers experience.  using an ALD is like pretending to be homeless so you can eat for free at a soup kitchen.

Offline redbook

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »
not true buddy.  someone taping a show with microphones in the audience is definately not the same as using a box intended for a hearing impaired fan. 

Ok let's say you have your own box (don't know if this is possible, in Europe there are no ALD boxes)
Would that make it different, less "loser", more "honorable"? (always talking in stealth environments)

Offline redbook

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 10:33:37 AM »
why in the heck does anyone want that piped in crap?

that's another different question... mostly of us agree on that, but I wonder why is "less honorable" taping stealth with ALDs than with mics.

Offline SuperDave

• Now that's a mandolin!
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 10:47:06 AM »
why in the heck does anyone want that piped in crap?
that's another different question... mostly of us agree on that, but I wonder why is "less honorable" taping stealth with ALDs than with mics.
I've never done the ALD thing, come to think of it, I've never stealth taped.  But from what I gather, their's a limited amount of ALD devices given out at the show.  By using one to tape, you're taking away an opportunity for someone that truly needs it to hear the show.

Edit.  Evil Taper said it better in his last post, I didn't see that before I posted.   
I'm gonna go put my spacesuit on boys, then lets get this dirty cocksucker in the air! ...

Open Rig: ADK A-51 TL's > Oade Warm Mod UA-5 > Iriver H120/JB3
Stealth Rig: AT853 > SP-SPSB-10 > Iriver h120

Offline redbook

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 10:59:27 AM »
I am not an ALD taper. I really think they are inferior quality to decent audience recordings.

But as always as you bring your own box, I don't see it's a not honorable way of taping.

Less "romantic", yes, less quality, yes, but not less honorable

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.221 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com