Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio Audiophile 2496 transfer help  (Read 1507 times)

Offline EarlyMorningRain

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
M-Audio Audiophile 2496 transfer help
« on: April 20, 2006, 01:22:06 PM »
I have the above mentioned card and it's been working flawlessy since I got it (about 8 months or so). I've been using it for my Dat > computer transfers, which that setup is Sony D7 (7pin-Coax) > Coax "in" on the Audiophile 2496.

This setup works great to transfer my Dat's to my pc, and to transfer analog cassettes (through the D7, as a pass-through, into the 2496) to my pc. Never a problem with either type of transfer. My computer is running XP with SP2.

What broke in my setup was re-installing Windows recently (had to get rid of a IRC bot of some sort).

So, re-install the 2496 software in Windows, no conflicts etc in the Device Manager, so I can now transfer audio to my pc using the same above setup (recording in Sound Forge), but when I playback the .wav file on my pc, it's in the wrong pitch (too slow).

I know the source tape (Dat or cassette) isn't slow, and the "playback" deck (D7) isn't the problem (listening through headphones plugged into the D7 verify this), so thinking the audiophile 2496 card must not be quite correct for settings etc.

I've got the Control Panel (audiophile 2496 CP) set to record a S/PDIF signal, @44.1k, and Sound Forge is set to record a 44.1k file.

So far the M-audio team hasn't been able to pin point the problems yet, so thought I'd post here....Any other thoughts/suggestions as to what's wrong in my setup? Either in Windows or with the Audiophile 2496 card ??

TIA !!

Offline Sparge Master

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Sparge Master's List
Re: M-Audio Audiophile 2496 transfer help
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 01:33:58 PM »
I have to change a few settings when I use an external Device (dat deck, and so on) than when I am playing something off my computer. Since I am at work right now I cant find the option out right now. I will try to remember to check when I get home tonight
AT853Rx > MP-2 > modSBM1 > D8
7.5Gallon Pot > Sparging Bucket > 7.5Gallon Pot > Counter Flow Wort Chiller > 6.5Gallon Carboy > 5Gallon Carboy > Cornelius Keg > Tap > Glass > Mouth

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 02:51:04 PM »
make sure in the CP that "lock sample rate" (?) is is not ticked.  I tick the "reset sample rate when idle" (?) or whatever that setting is on my rig.
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline EarlyMorningRain

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 11:19:14 AM »
Woohoo, fixed my problem!

Probably did more than needed (removed card from Device Manager, shutdown, change card to different PCI slot etc), but had to get it set to accept a 48k signal in the M-Audio Control Panel. It was set to 44.1k before.

Back to transferring like before - thanks all!

Offline Sparge Master

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Sparge Master's List
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 12:34:45 PM »
woot glad you got it working.
AT853Rx > MP-2 > modSBM1 > D8
7.5Gallon Pot > Sparging Bucket > 7.5Gallon Pot > Counter Flow Wort Chiller > 6.5Gallon Carboy > 5Gallon Carboy > Cornelius Keg > Tap > Glass > Mouth

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com