Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: So I bought an Ipod and....  (Read 2520 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
So I bought an Ipod and....
« on: August 01, 2006, 02:05:34 PM »
...how is everyone loading boots(oops I said that word ;)). It's a bit time consuming, typing all that shit in. And then I go to load a Pure Jerry and just track #'s pop up again >:(.

Any shortcuts?

Offline ballerusk

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Soft spot for the sweet spot
Re: So I bought an Ipod and....
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 02:20:21 PM »
I name the songs/albums/etc in iTunes and then it's automatically transferred to the iPod when connected. Apple+i is nice to use when editing album names or band/artist names. For song names you need to go individual I believe. Or perhaps I've misunderstood you..?
Schoeps MK41s > Schoeps CMRs > Naiant Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10

Offline ts

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 02:28:10 PM »
I name the songs/albums/etc in iTunes and then it's automatically transferred to the iPod when connected. Apple+i is nice to use when editing album names or band/artist names. For song names you need to go individual I believe. Or perhaps I've misunderstood you..?

Yea, I name everything in iTunes and yes it transfers. No problem there. Just time consuming. What is Apple+i?

The bummer was a Pure Jerry release and no info whatsoever in the disc. :( Dicks Picks is loaded with info.

Offline ballerusk

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Soft spot for the sweet spot
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 02:45:58 PM »
The apple-key (right next to the space bar) plus the I-key. Not sure what the shortcut is on a PC. I guess you can right-click on the marked tracks.

Sorry, I'm used to a Mac so when talking about iTunes I automatically assumed you had a Mac :P
Schoeps MK41s > Schoeps CMRs > Naiant Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10

Offline eric.B

• to the side qualified
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 02:48:41 PM »
if you are referring to the pure jerry 7, the info is not on an internet accessable database yet as it was just released..  wait a bit for someone else to do it, or enter it in yourself.. I did..
We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork.  ~Milton Friedman

Offline tscales

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • .:www.timscales.net:.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 05:25:19 PM »
I use a pc and have tryied iPod Access, Anapod Explorer, and iTunes and I think the "easiest" method of tagging the tracks is in iTunes, which isn't all that great.  None of them do it fast.  I make sure to give each track a name, artist, album and track number (you can do the album and artist all at once by highlighting all tracks and right-clicking to "INFO" or edit info I forget which.   

Ex:
Artist : Lotus
Album : 2006-02-17 - The Fox Theater
Track 1: lotus2006-02-17t1

I didn't start doing it this way till last year and I'm working on cleaning everything up, very slowly...
http://www.timscales.net/ipod.htm

Life's a garden.  Dig it.

AKG 393s > UA-5 (w-mod +) > D8 / Fujitsu T70G

Live Recordings..  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/tscales

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 07:25:10 PM »
There's all sort of tagging tools out there. I think I've been using MP3tag lately. It's nice cause you can tag a batch of files all at once, and you can have it autonumber the track numbers. You can even have it rename files based on tags, or rename tags based on filenames. It comes in way handy all of the time.
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

Offline ts

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 09:01:09 PM »
if you are referring to the pure jerry 7, the info is not on an internet accessable database yet as it was just released..  wait a bit for someone else to do it, or enter it in yourself.. I did..

Thanks. yep thats the one.

Offline ts

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 09:03:29 PM »
Thanks to everyone. I'll try them all. iTunes works for now, especially after figuring out the all at once deal. :laugh:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com