Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: TSKB: 24 bit DVD-A and a playback system  (Read 12707 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: TSKB: 24 bit DVD-A and a playback system
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 01:08:40 PM »
I tried that with a couple of different cassette adaptor units, and they both created a high freq tone that burrowed through my head. Somrthing about my trucks electronics, or engine, create an rfi tone that is unbearable.

Yeah, I've used both the cassette inserts and the RF transmitters.  Both sound terrible to my ears.  'Course the crappy car stereo sounds terrible, too, but it sounds worse using the cassette insert or RF transmitter.  And one of the big benefits for me of the iPod / CD hookup is  the ability to control it through the stereo CD controls, instead of fumbling around with a tiny little device with puny screen and buttons while I'm driving.  Will have to re-evaluate when we get a new car, of course.  :)
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline svenkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2006, 01:55:26 PM »
thanks for all the replys everyone, about half were over my head. I think Im going to go with one of thoose pioneer units, and burn dvd audio discs from my 124 bit rrewcordings. Im stillnot 100% positive I know how to burn dvd audio discs, but I think you can burn dvd-movie discs that'll play.
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2006, 03:22:32 PM »
thanks for all the replys everyone, about half were over my head. I think Im going to go with one of thoose pioneer units, and burn dvd audio discs from my 124 bit rrewcordings. Im stillnot 100% positive I know how to burn dvd audio discs, but I think you can burn dvd-movie discs that'll play.

check out the program dvd-audiofile, all you do is load the flacs in it that you want to burn to a dvd-a, and it creates a burnable .iso file.  Just burn the iso with dvd decryptor or nero or whatever.  its as easy as pie.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2006, 03:36:39 PM »

check out the program dvd-audiofile, all you do is load the flacs in it that you want to burn to a dvd-a, and it creates a burnable .iso file.  Just burn the iso with dvd decryptor or nero or whatever.  its as easy as pie.

cool, I just dl'd it, does it work with Windows, Ill try it out tonite.
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »
I'm running it on windows, I can't remember if there were two versions or not, I think its all its the same.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2006, 08:15:15 PM »
one benefit of that audio dvd creator is that you aren't limited to only dvd-a capable dvd players.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2006, 08:49:53 PM »
imgburn burns iso images. free download.

m0k3 - try an fm modulator - that works well, and doesnt get the whir from the car's electronics...

samplitude 8.x does dvd-a authoring, too...

discless is where it is at, but i have been saying that for years  :-X i like the setup i have going spdif/coax out of the 'puter into a dac (actually a jitter reducer/reclocker first, and then the dac), and then into my integrated tube amp, a (heavily) modded joLida 302a. the 'puter is big, with a lcd display i have running, and it displays output from foobar. i have one of those ir airboards to control the computer, BUT i also have a learning theatermaster remote, so i used the remote and have a device setup which is all computer. i have a lcd display mounted on the wall above the stereo, and i use the remote to control the 'puter, which plays files via fb2k. oh, and i have milkdrop plugin for fb2k, so i get the wicked visualisations, too. so the 'puter is like a stereo component, with a bitchin display. and since i have a locationfree player on the network (config'd with a directv receiver), the 'puter/display doubles as a television :D

i have a squeezebox sitting here, and i have already paid for the modifications to be done to it by wayne @ bolder, but with the move and the construction, i havent sent it to him (i gotta get on that). but that will be the living room player, powered by a modded t-amp and some mounted mixcubes (waf of 10 8) )

but it is good to know how to bun dvd-a because that is what you want to be able to give out to artists...

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

BobW

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2006, 09:02:48 PM »
I still have a cassette deck in my truck.

I have one in my car. all you gotta do is get one of those cassette deals that can hoook to any player out of it's headphone jack and it works!

I tried that with a couple of different cassette adaptor units, and they both created a high freq tone that burrowed through my head. Somrthing about my trucks electronics, or engine, create an rfi tone that is unbearable.

cough...cough...cough...must.........bypass......alternator....with.........cap......ac.....i.....tor......
.....be....fore.....its.......too.......late!......cough.....cough....cough......     :P

See:
http://www.avionicswest.com/myviewpoint/alternators.htm
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 09:05:17 PM by _bob_ »

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2006, 09:05:34 PM »
I still have a cassette deck in my truck.

I have one in my car. all you gotta do is get one of those cassette deals that can hoook to any player out of it's headphone jack and it works!

cough...cough...cough...must.........bypass......alternator....with.........cap......ac.....i.....tor...........be....fore.....its.......too.......late!......cough...
..cough....cough......
is this the thing you hear when you accelerate and listen to certain am stations..? is tis something that needs to be fixed..? it seems common to alot of cars, with no adverse effects...

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

BobW

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2006, 09:56:42 PM »

is this the thing you hear when you accelerate and listen to certain am stations..? is tis something that needs to be fixed..? it seems common to alot of cars, with no adverse effects...

I doubt that it would break the deck, but it may affect your hearing, at least temporarily.
Cheapest fix that you'll ever make

or go full throttle

Here's a place with the caps for $0.95 (cheap)   
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 10:01:54 PM by _bob_ »

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2006, 10:23:50 AM »
Ive had this problem with am radio especially, and it's only in aftermarket stereos.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2006, 10:36:24 AM »
to me it sounds like something isn't grounded properly.  I know in my car if I don't have my amps grounded properly, I get the whir noise throughout my system.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com