Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Looking for a good dual channel lav system  (Read 1486 times)

Offline taper420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Looking for a good dual channel lav system
« on: February 28, 2007, 08:17:15 AM »
So we've been using this audio technica wireless lav at work and the thing is horrible. The essing on it is huge, and the whole thing sounds way too crappy to keep using. The model is pro 88 w/r, w/t, and the mic is AT829. In the mean time I've been borrowing the media teachers sennheiser ew300 and it sounds about 20 times better. So I put in a request to get a new lav system for myself and the tech guy that orders them is going for a dual channel Azden 200UPR with EX-503 lavs. So how are these going to sound? Is this a good brand? Is it gonna be better than the AT and at least as good as the sennheiser? Just trying to get some feedback cause I'm not too familiar with the brand... I can still have him change the order but I only have a day or so and I need to have a comparable alternative.

Here it is: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=9450&A=details&Q=&sku=383975&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

Offline taper420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Looking for a good dual channel lav system
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 09:35:07 AM »
bump... we're ordering pretty soon....
anyone heard of this brand at all?

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Homepage
Re: Looking for a good dual channel lav system
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 09:54:28 AM »
bump... we're ordering pretty soon....
anyone heard of this brand at all?

The only thing I've seen has been a review of a non-wireless mic they are selling that mounts on a camcorder. It got farily good reviews. The person who has done more wireless stuff than anybody on this board is Oleg. You might want to read through this thread: http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,79982.msg1064257.html#msg1064257

It all boils down to money. To give you some example, the digital wireless unit that Zaxcom is now selling (TRX900) goes for around $2300 per channel. So, it isn't cheap. However, anybody in the film world who has used it will tell you that it sounds incredible. But, at over 2K, you would expect that.

You might want to ping Oleg and see what he has to say.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com