Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Any mods for R-09 yet?  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Brennan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Currently hooked on open taping
Any mods for R-09 yet?
« on: March 17, 2007, 06:49:46 AM »
It's been done on many others!! ;D So has anyone successfully done any mods on their R-09?

Would be nice to possibly make it digital in...
Team SoCal

Church Audio Cardiods > Church Audio STC-9000 Preamp > Edirol R-09 (24/48) <- Click for info on each!

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: Any mods for R-09 yet?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 08:57:08 AM »
aint gunna happen.

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 09:23:26 AM »
I thought Guy Sonic (?) was doing something with them, but I looked on his site and couldn't find anything.....Must have been my imagination or drug induced hallucination  :happy: .....Oh, well...

;D
jk
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 09:56:27 AM »
It's been done on many others!! ;D So has anyone successfully done any mods on their R-09?

Would be nice to possibly make it digital in...

I am thinking about a microphone mod for the ediol... But thats just me thinking... I dont have a r-09 to check out.

I dont know how practical it would be or even how much room is in there.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 12:58:14 PM »
prior to the new firmware, i was enjoying the "electrical tape" mod to cover the red beacon announcing "HEY!  I'M RECORDING OVER HERE!!!"  other than that, i got nothin'.

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 01:22:43 PM »
Don't expect any mods because everything (mic pre, adc, headphone out) is all on one chip!  But, IMO this sounds great stock.

Richard
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 02:53:08 PM »
prior to the new firmware, i was enjoying the "electrical tape" mod to cover the red beacon announcing "HEY!  I'M RECORDING OVER HERE!!!"  other than that, i got nothin'.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

;D
jk
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 04:20:28 PM »
I've always wondered if more shielding would help... Maybe around the inputs. Seems like there is some foil there but the coverage is poor.

Seems like plenty of room in there to replace the built in mics with a battery box circuit for DPAs, etc... I always feel goofy using my big SP bbox with the r09 and 4061's. But I don't do it often enough to bother.

Offline manamana

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 12:18:38 PM »
I made a modded cable using a dummy 3.5 minijack in the mic plug to help support the line in, which is great (alot more secure)

but other than that and the electrical tape light mod...
4022s > SX-M2 > Sony M10

Offline Brennan

• Taperssection Member
  • Currently hooked on open taping
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 12:28:02 AM »
LOL I haven't taken mine apart (yet) ;) so I didn't know that everything was on one chip.

But I must say the a/d converter on this thing introduces nearly no hiss..and (as I presume it always should be) when the input is set on low it's amazing.

The mics could stand being removed. I don't think I'll be using them again..nothing really against them, but in order to get anything of a good live recording you have to have them out in the open. Which in turn makes it obvious to anyone looking that you have a recorder in your pocket ;D
Team SoCal

Church Audio Cardiods > Church Audio STC-9000 Preamp > Edirol R-09 (24/48) <- Click for info on each!

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 05:19:02 PM »
Mods so far have been mostly people reinforcing the input jacks.

I still use the tape over the light even with the new firmware because I want the clip indicator to function.  I've opened mine and you could easily take the internal mics out and make some room for something.. not enough to hide a 9v in there though.

If we're dreaming, I'd like a link jack to patch two R-09's together so that the second one shares the same clock and runs as a slave to the first.  Modular 2 to 4 channel rig.  I can dream right?
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com