Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Are you kidding me???  (Read 15783 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Are you kidding me???
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2007, 12:57:10 PM »
Any amount of drinking? In the states you must be drunk, ie. over the legal limit, to be charged with DUI. I personally don't always associate drinking beer with getting drunk. Moderation can be your friend.

Here is some uptodate info on the subject of drinking and boating in Ontario
Ontario Ups Ante for Impaired Boating
July 3, 2006

A conviction for impaired driving of a motorboat in Ontario will now result in the suspension of your driver's licence. The Ontario government on June 22 amended the law to extend the penalties for drunk driving on the road to boaters convicted of driving while impaired or with excess alcohol.

As a result, a first conviction for impaired boating will result in a one-year suspension of your driver's licence. To get your licence reinstated you will have to pay $150 and enrol in the Ministry of Transportation's Back on Track driver rehabilitation program (cost: $503.50). And when you're licence is reinstated, you'll have to use an ignition interlock device in your car for at least a year (cost: over $1,000).

Criminal Code penalties, including jail and fines, will continue to apply to those found guilty of driving a motor boat while impaired.

Immediate licence suspensions kick in
Under the new amendments, the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario also now authorizes marine police to suspend your driver's licence for 12 hours if you blow between 50 and 80 mgs in 100 ml of blood, that is under the legal limit. If you blow over 80 mgs, your licence will be suspended immediately for 90 days. The amendments do not apply to canoes or sailboats.

The latest amendments add to provincial laws that already restrict the combination of boats and booze. Under the Liquor Licence Act of Ontario it is an offence to consume alcohol in a moving boat (including sailboats and canoes) unless a licence or permit allows you to do so. Without a licence or permit, you cannot consume alcohol on a boat even if it's stationary unless the boat is a "private place".

For a boat to be considered a "private place" it must have permanent sleeping accommodation and permanent cooking and sanitary facilities. It also must be at anchor or secured to a dock or land and the public must not be invited or be permitted access to it.

Further, unless you have a licence or permit, it is illegal to carry alcohol on a boat unless it is sealed or stowed in a closed container.

I got this info here at this site...
http://www.defencelaw.com/impaired_boating.html

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

janka

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2007, 01:06:01 PM »
Wow those are some stiff regulations. Shocked that they even apply to canoeing.

Offline bobbygeeWOW

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2007, 08:22:01 PM »
"Marine Police"  ?? Bizarre.  I have never heard of such a thing in the west, or on the ocean.

Must be some reaction to a situation with bazillions of drunken non-marine people in power boats blasting around like morons in heavily populated vacation spots causing havok. I know Ontario has something like 250,000 lakes, so you'd really have to look for a spot that is patrolled by "marine police" and then somehow stand out to attract such a fine.

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2007, 11:42:46 PM »
"Marine Police"  ?? Bizarre.  I have never heard of such a thing in the west, or on the ocean.

Must be some reaction to a situation with bazillions of drunken non-marine people in power boats blasting around like morons in heavily populated vacation spots causing havok. I know Ontario has something like 250,000 lakes, so you'd really have to look for a spot that is patrolled by "marine police" and then somehow stand out to attract such a fine.

I dont think this applies to Western Canada... :) You guys have drive thru beer stores :) But in Ontario this is the law. I doubt they would be able to enforce this on a ocean.. That would be a Canadian Coast Guard duty.. I also think that no to many guys are dumb enough to be driving a small fishing boat on an ocean ether :) hehe But you never know....

Chris

Offline bobbygeeWOW

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2007, 08:29:46 AM »
Well I can't think of a funny segue back to the original topic gasping at ludicrously flakey audiophile gear.
....which may not be such a bad thing..   ::)

..so I'll apologize now for enthusiastically hyjacking the thread when beer was mentioned.
Mr Shephard, one of the highlights of any trip I make down to the NW is your fine hopping of ales.  ;D

(Chris, boat size is directly related to the weather and how far you intend on going  :) )

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2007, 10:03:24 AM »
Well I can't think of a funny segue back to the original topic gasping at ludicrously flakey audiophile gear.
....which may not be such a bad thing..   ::)

..so I'll apologize now for enthusiastically hyjacking the thread when beer was mentioned.
Mr Shephard, one of the highlights of any trip I make down to the NW is your fine hopping of ales.  ;D

(Chris, boat size is directly related to the weather and how far you intend on going  :) )

Ok lets get back to making fun of products..

Here are some fine examples of "ABS"

http://www.soundstage.com/synergize/synergize041999.htm

http://www.shunmook.com/text1.htm

HIGH END
BULLSHIT GENERATOR for AUDIOPHILE MAGAZINE WRITERS

http://www.tech-diy.com/audio_bs.htm

"AUDIOPHILE QUOTES"

"Pulling harmonics together from a jumbled auditory stream to form a coherent harmonic envelope."

"Image outlines were sharply focused in space with believable palpability."

"There was plenty of bass detail to behold."

"The music flows with gusto and verve. It squeezes instrumental images into incredibly palpable outlines."

"...more muscle and definition, and a heart that is pure gold."

"Most preamps when pushed hard change their sonic signature."

"Harmonic colors were somewhat on the dark side."

"By using the $450 gold plated RCA stereo jumper cables for all line-level connections, and the newly available $1200 gold plated XYZ speaker wires, we were able to achieve a distinct improvement in highs and the deepest rich bass lows I have ever heard. A massive improvement over ordinary old copper."

"These cables deliver big time! The sound is surprsingly smooth and spacious, with particularly sweet upper octaves."

"If you connect a ground to the chassis of your power amplifer and use 4 gauge wire connected to a bucket of salt water with a copper coil in it, your mids and highs will be the sweetest you have ever heard. Works with car audio systems too. Place the bucket in the trunk and reduce speed on corners and when braking, to avoid spillage."

"Special wooden resonator disks made in Asia from a special tree, only found in one area. Placing these under EACH of your components, at strategic locations will remove 'unwanted resonances', and DRAMATIC improval tonal quality. The difference is astounding. These disks of wood sell for around $100 to $400 EACH (depending on size)."

"somewhat fuzzy portrayal of image outlines."

"Harmonic textures ebbed and flowed with startling dynamic nuances and the sort of liquidity and purity one only comes to associate with world-class audio products."

"Harmonic textures are painted slightly gray in color."

"Spatial detail was painted with a fine brush that readily resolved massed voices and the air around individual instruments."

"Image outlines, however, are more precisely focused within the soundstage and in general the Accordance is capable of sketching out a convincing 3-D acoustic impression."

"It felt like I had crawled into a warm and inviting sonic womb."

"Not content with straight S.E.X. (the single-ended experimenter's kit), the Doctor introduces the "69" tapered pipe loudspeaker. Sounds like a recipe for a mind-blowing sonic orgasm."

"The impression of speed and control was strong."

"Bass lines were fleshed out with excellent definition."

"It is less lush sounding than..."

"...force feeding the listener an earful of detail; more accurately, a barrage of in-your-face zingers that becomes almost an instant irritant."

"Each tube brand seems to have a unique flavor of its own."

"Certain busy passages of music get congested."

"... sounds either euphonic or bright."

"The Equilibre ($8,475) - nominally a 60-watt stereo amp."

"It could well explain the sweet sounds that come from using passive preamps straight into the power amplifiers."

"...with an easy-to-drive impedance magnitude."

"Rendition of harmonic colors was suave and smooth, with a believable sugar coating."

"Exposure of low-level detail, even in complex passages, without leaving anything to the imagination."

"The mids are vivid in spades with wave after wave of honey-coated harmonic bliss."

"The midbass region is "fun"

"the upper mids are a bit more laid back than I would like."

"the low bottom end is not there..."

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:13:58 AM by Church-Audio »

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2007, 04:27:18 PM »
I just did not want to see this thread die I just could not sit by and watch another good opportunity for a laugh to pass me by so here it is......

For $286 you get whats in the picture! WOW A EXTENTION CORD! I can build one with these parts minus the really small cable for $20.00

I am in the wrong business. I should make extension cords for a living I can get some fancy cable made for me for about $1000 and re sell 100 feet of it for like $10,000 WOW Now that's what I call markup! Then I can go down to my local hardware store and buy the "good connectors" and a set of screwdrivers and a wire stripper and I am setup! Dam that's a lot cheaper then all the gear I have to make microphones with..

EDIT: I am not going to name the company that makes this LOL

- Hubbell 4-Plex 15A Hospital-grade outlet.
  - Hubbell 15A Hospital-grade 8215 AC plug.
  - GutWire Twin 16 AWG AC cable.
  - No a/c line conditioning, only a/c distribution.
  Price: $286
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 04:28:52 PM by Church-Audio »

Offline Invisible

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2007, 06:31:14 PM »
A few weeks ago when the link about the rainbow foil was posted by Mr. Church, I read the entire page then requested a sample from the company. I had completely forgotten about it until today when I received an e-mail from P.W.B. telling me that my free sample of their "rainbow electret foil" was on it's way to me.

RebelRebel

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2007, 08:33:27 AM »
That is gutwire, i believe. They actually make some really nice products(build-wise)
..in terms of cost, they are a LOT more reasonable than many other "esoteric" brands out there.

I am using a couple of their interconnects at the moment. I dont have 10,000.00 to spend on wire, so Gutwire is a good compromise for me. I still remain very, very skeptical about "magic" products, but do believe in good components(amps/preamps/ADC/DAC/cables/mics/etc), things that have logic and science behind them..

I just did not want to see this thread die I just could not sit by and watch another good opportunity for a laugh to pass me by so here it is......

For $286 you get whats in the picture! WOW A EXTENTION CORD! I can build one with these parts minus the really small cable for $20.00

I am in the wrong business. I should make extension cords for a living I can get some fancy cable made for me for about $1000 and re sell 100 feet of it for like $10,000 WOW Now that's what I call markup! Then I can go down to my local hardware store and buy the "good connectors" and a set of screwdrivers and a wire stripper and I am setup! Dam that's a lot cheaper then all the gear I have to make microphones with..

EDIT: I am not going to name the company that makes this LOL

- Hubbell 4-Plex 15A Hospital-grade outlet.
  - Hubbell 15A Hospital-grade 8215 AC plug.
  - GutWire Twin 16 AWG AC cable.
  - No a/c line conditioning, only a/c distribution.
  Price: $286

Offline roggae

• Taperssection Regular
  • "Gay for Trey"
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2007, 08:47:41 AM »
Works with car audio systems too. Place the bucket in the trunk and reduce speed on corners and when braking, to avoid spillage.

Holy cow, that is funny...
mlsc1->iRiver

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com