Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Another MT II issue (sorta)  (Read 6839 times)

Online WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
Re: Another MT II issue (sorta)
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 09:43:50 PM »
Well it looks like this might get fixed:

"Thank you for the information; this has now been logged as a bug and reported to our engineers for more testing.

Unfortunately, we do not have any further information at this point; please stay tuned to our website for any late breaking information.

If you are a registered owner of any M-Audio product or if you fill out the survey for your device under an existing version/driver post, we will send you an email as soon as we post the drivers."

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Jeff

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 03:14:29 AM »
Does it take a while to unload that ADATA 16GB card? I was thinking about spending the extra $20 to get the Transcend CF card which operates at 133x speed as opposed to the 40x speed of the ADATA card. Your opinions. Actually, I ran my first recording on it at 16bit and transferred 1.76GB to my computer in about 12 minutes. That was using my 4GB Sandisk Ultra II card. Overall, I am very happy with the unit. It is easy to navigate and has quick response when starting new tracks. My only issue was the first SPDIF cable I used was too big and the power cable would not fit next to it. Luckily I was only a couple of blocks from home, so I came back and pulled out the RA SPDIF cable that came with my V3. It worked, but it is still a little tight. I am using the standard USB cable that came with my Macally 5V power pack. Do they make other USB power cords that are smaller?

Offline anhisr

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 08:00:26 AM »
First off don't use the MT II to move your files over to your computer.  I find an external card reader is best.  I use one of Kindcables for my spdif cable.  Then you need to find a usb cable that isn't fat at the small end.  Some have even removed some of the plastic at the small end to make the two fit.  The one I use with no problems is a clear cable.  I don't remember who makes it though.

Audio: Neumann KM 100> 20, 30, 40, 43 or 50 > V3 > MT II (love that M/S)
Still Camera Body: Canon D5 Mark II
Canon Lenses:  16-35mm f2.8L II USM; 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM; 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM
Video Canon HF R30

archive  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/anhisr

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 10:49:05 AM »
i just use a razor blade and shave the usb plug down slightly and they both fit nice and snug
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 01:45:29 PM »
i just use a razor blade and shave the usb plug down slightly and they both fit nice and snug

Thats what I ended up doing and it works just fine.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 02:54:43 PM »
OH, and I have been all over them about the light going off when on hold.  They always came back that it saves battery time.  my reply:

Why did you have to figure we are too stupid to turn the light off if we want the battery to last longer. Once again, let it be our choice. I use an external power source in the field. I like to have the unit on hold so, I don't accidentally have it turn off while on my bag. I also need to know that for some reason the unit hasn't frozen or stopped on its own. Your thinking takes away that ability

answer: We will forward your concerns to the proper channels.

I did a pre-emptive strike and complained about the backlighting. I figured that way when I move from my MT24/96 to the MTII, the problem will hopefully be fixed. According to their answer it has been fixed. Can anyone confirm this. I have left the ticket open pending what those who have one have to say...

Date: 01/14/2008 14:20:36 by: Alex Solano

Customer submitted a new incident
 [Alex Solano -- 01/14/2008 14:20:00]
Backlight
This menu sets the automatic shutoff time for the MicroTrack II backlight. Since the backlight drains more battery
power, you have the ability to automatically turn the light off to maximize your battery life.
When set to “Always off,” the backlight will never turn on. When “Always on” is selected, the back light will be on
whenever MicroTrack II is powered on. The other three settings available on this menu determine the amount of
time the backlight will stay on after the last control is pressed on MicroTrack II. For example, if “5 sec” is selected,
the backlight will turn on any time a button is pressed on MicroTrack II. The back light will then turn off 5 seconds
after the last button is pressed.
► NOTE: If the dimmer switch on the side of MicroTrack II is set to the Off position, the
backlight will never turn on no matter what setting is selected in this menu.

Customer Note for Web Conversation
      Customer Note:   
  Mark this Incident as resolved. 

Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com