Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Kwonbar for MBHO, need to borrow...  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Kwonfidelity

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Press Record!!!
Kwonbar for MBHO, need to borrow...
« on: August 02, 2004, 03:15:02 PM »
Anyone out there willing to send me their mbho active setup so we can test fit the new kwonbar for these?  Please get in touch...
Southern Recording, Inc.
High Fidelity Audio Capture

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: Kwonbar for MBHO, need to borrow...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 03:16:13 PM »
shoot Tim Fraley (phishintime login on this board) a PM...he may be interested...

Offline John P

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • sometimes a dog is as good as any man
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 04:59:23 PM »
I am interested in doing this.  You just need the active cables?  I guess I could run full bodied until you got them back to me.  PM me if you want to do it, and we can work out the details.

Offline Kwonfidelity

• Taperssection Member
  • Press Record!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 09:43:43 PM »
User found.  Thanks!

ETA for bars will be 3 weeks.

Robert
Southern Recording, Inc.

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 10:20:50 PM »
User found.  Thanks!

ETA for bars will be 3 weeks.

Robert

sorry to highjack the thread but is there any word on the dpa bars?

Offline Kwonfidelity

• Taperssection Member
  • Press Record!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 10:45:15 PM »
no probs...i think this thread is closed.

dpa...right now there isn't a design that is economical and universal to all of the compact series microphones and functional at the same time.  essentially, there isn't anything to grab onto, except for the 4023 where the body of the rear of the microphone is one solid piece - and behind that the connector attached to the body.  the 4021 is the worst case scenario because the only thing that can mount is the body of the cap itself, with the wire hanging out the side with no structural support.  the 4022 is a good candidate, but the union on the back is too flimsy to put any grasping energy on without causing damage to it after repetitive use.

there is one prototype that was costed and it came out to nearly $200 with a good production run.  but i haven't stopped the wheel yet.  if the general design of the grasping method will run close to $200 for one design, i am trying to design a bar that will do all three configs in one funtional designed bar: din, dina, ortf.  and with an additional attachment, nos and ab.

mbho are done, and vertical rise bar for the schoeps V series is on the drawing table now.  after we shuffle through those (end of august), all thought and process will go to the dpa bar.

thanks for your patience and support.

robert
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 10:51:07 PM by Kwonfidelity »
Southern Recording, Inc.

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 10:53:54 PM »
no probs...i think this thread is closed.

dpa...right now there isn't a design that is economical and universal to all of the compact series microphones and functional at the same time.  essentially, there isn't anything to grab onto, except for the 4023 where the body of the rear of the microphone is one solid piece - and behind that the connector attached to the body.  the 4021 is the worst case scenario because the only thing that can mount is the body of the cap itself, with the wire hanging out the side with no structural support.  the 4022 is a good candidate, but the union on the back is too flimsy to put any grasping energy on without causing damage to it after repetitive use.

there is one prototype that was costed and it came out to nearly $200 with a good production run.  but i haven't stopped the wheel yet.  if the general design of the grasping method will run close to $200 for one design, i am trying to design a bar that will do all three configs in one funtional designed bar: din, dina, ortf.  and with an additional attachment, nos and ab.

mbho are done, and vertical rise bar for the schoeps V series is on the drawing table now.  after we shuffle through those (end of august), all thought and process will go to the dpa bar.

thanks for your patience and support.

robert

thanks for the info robert.

Offline tmfraley2

• Taperssection All-Star
  • FOB is where I want to be....
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 03:41:26 PM »
hey robert shot you an email a little late, let me know the details on these though, would like to check em out
"Even jesus couldn't pull a good tape from the lawn" - Nick Gregory 6/28/05

KM140>V2>722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.095 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com