Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Replacing a bad menu in a DVD (VIDEO_TS folder)  (Read 1395 times)

Offline hawghunter

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
Replacing a bad menu in a DVD (VIDEO_TS folder)
« on: October 31, 2008, 10:10:42 PM »
Ok, I built or authored a DVD. And after I finished I had a bad menu. The button routings were wrong, so when playing in a stand alone player the remote won't work properly. So in the Song menu I couldn't switch the highlight to next chapter, it would go elsewhere in the menu to another chapter not the next one. I hope I explained that clearly. So now I fixed the button routings, rebuilt the DVD and everything is fine. Great, well I ran an MD5, thinking only one of the files would be different. Not the case all are different. So I can't just have people switch out the bad file.

So I was thinking I could have people create a new folder (named as I tell them) and copy the VIDEO_TS folder to the new folder. Start a new torrent dirrected at this new folder. Now would the new torrent check the contents of the folder and rewrite only the bad or different data, and leave the correct data there. So they can save the correct date that is there and not re-download the whole thing.

Just curious if anyone has any experence with something like this. Or do I have to kill the torrent and have peps start and re-download the whole thing.

Thanks, I hope I was clear there, ha!
ISO: NIRVANA :), 8/15/91 - The Roxy

930's > MMe

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
Re: Replacing a bad menu in a DVD (VIDEO_TS folder)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 11:36:38 AM »

So I was thinking I could have people create a new folder (named as I tell them) and copy the VIDEO_TS folder to the new folder. Start a new torrent dirrected at this new folder. Now would the new torrent check the contents of the folder and rewrite only the bad or different data, and leave the correct data there. So they can save the correct date that is there and not re-download the whole thing.

it should check the files and pick up pretty far along and replace the bad data.  I say should but if I were you I would test it first.  that is if you still have the "bad" files.  create a torrent and point do what you would have others do and see how far along it gets.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline hawghunter

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
Re: Replacing a bad menu in a DVD (VIDEO_TS folder)
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 03:12:13 PM »
Thanks Gordon, that's what I was thinking. Just couldn't risk another bad torrent uploading. So I killed the one, and just put up another fixed torrent. I just told people I had a bad menu, and didn't want bad copies out there and apologized to them. Just felt bad when some people had downloaded over 60%.

I just couldn't believe the md5 checksumms changed for every file, when I just changed a menu.

thanks again!
ISO: NIRVANA :), 8/15/91 - The Roxy

930's > MMe

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com