Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: jb3 internal battery recharge issues  (Read 3015 times)

Offline cosmic charlie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • music is the weapon
jb3 internal battery recharge issues
« on: June 14, 2005, 09:55:29 PM »
i hunted around for a thread that dealt with the problem i'm having, but couldn't find it...

I opened my gear bag over the weekend only to find that my jb3 was almost completely drained, after I had charged it up on friday.  I have 2 creative internal batteries that have never given me issues in the past, but when I tried recharging with the 'creative switching adapter' nothing happened - i dont even get the little battery and lightning bolt icon in the lower left corner of the jb3 screen.  I'm tryin to figure out if this is a battery issue or a problem with my adapter but i have nothing else to charge the jb3 with. I also tried switching the two batteries, and taking each of them out respectively - still wouldn't charge. What should I do?

[1] Try to find another creative switching adapter
[2] Try to find some other adapting device that will allow me to charge from 5v DC In on the jb3 > power outlet
[3] battery replacement (although the adapter problem doesnt allow me to test the batteries)

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Qualified
Re: jb3 internal battery recharge issues
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 10:41:29 AM »
i hunted around for a thread that dealt with the problem i'm having, but couldn't find it...

I opened my gear bag over the weekend only to find that my jb3 was almost completely drained, after I had charged it up on friday.  I have 2 creative internal batteries that have never given me issues in the past, but when I tried recharging with the 'creative switching adapter' nothing happened - i dont even get the little battery and lightning bolt icon in the lower left corner of the jb3 screen.  I'm tryin to figure out if this is a battery issue or a problem with my adapter but i have nothing else to charge the jb3 with. I also tried switching the two batteries, and taking each of them out respectively - still wouldn't charge. What should I do?

[1] Try to find another creative switching adapter
[2] Try to find some other adapting device that will allow me to charge from 5v DC In on the jb3 > power outlet
[3] battery replacement (although the adapter problem doesnt allow me to test the batteries)

You have prob. tried this but, remove the batterys and charger. Let the njb3 sit for 2-3 mintues, reset using the pinhole on the bottom, and try the batts./charger again. I couldn't see both going dead at the same time. Hope this helps...

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 10:44:02 AM »
is there some small object in the plug or in the JB3 DC input? 

I had the plastic tip of a car adaptor break off around the post in the DC input on one of my JB3s... to solve it, i just carefully trimmed down the plastic on all my other adaptors so the center of the plug could contact the post inside the DC input.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline neutrino

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 09:09:19 PM »
It sounds like something caused the JB3 to remain "on" and drain your batteries completely, which could cause your charger not to see or charge your battery due to the below normal voltage. Do the terminals on both batteries look clean? You can actually use a pencil eraser to clean the little metal terminals on both batteries and then wipe off any debris with some iso alcohol. If you have access to a multimeter, I would check to see if the batteries are putting out any voltage at all. You may need find a lithium battery charger and increase the voltage in your batteries a bit before the jb3 charger will see them.
dB-
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 08:14:31 AM by neutrino »
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline cosmic charlie

• Taperssection Member
  • music is the weapon
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 05:30:50 PM »
It sounds like something caused the JB3 to remain "on" and drain your batteries completely, which could cause your charger not to see or charge your battery due to the below normal voltage. Do the terminals on both batteries look clean? You can actually use a pencil eraser to clean the little metal terminals on both batteries and then wipe off any debris with some iso alcohol. If you have access to a multimeter, I would check to see if the batteries are putting out any voltage at all. You may need find a lithium battery charger and increase the voltage in your batteries a bit before the jb3 charger will see them.
dB-

I initially thought that something caused my jb3 to be on and drain the hell out of the batteries, but when I first turned it on over the weekend it still showed 1 bar of battery life in the lower left-hand corner icon on the jb3 screen.  The fact that the batteries still had some charge leads me to believe that I hadn't charged them before the weekend - I honestly thought I had charged the batts up, but perhaps I had just fancied that in some sort of delusional fantasy dream sequence....

The terminals look clean, but I don't have access to a multimeter that would allow me to see if the batts are putting out voltage.  I went ahead and bought a new 5v adapter on ebay, because my creative 5v adapter is making some strange, high-pitched humming noise that it never used to make before.  Thanks for the help, I'm going to try the new adapter and find a voltage meter.

-charlie

Offline Low Spark

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 08:20:05 PM »
Have u paid for the new charger off of ebay. I have one that i will give to u.
Mics: AKG 481

American by Birth - A Southerner by the Grace of God.

I caught myself pumping the air with my fist, throwing elbows and getting down like an 18-year-old on his first mushroom trip on the lawn at Raleigh. But since every night is Saturday

Offline cosmic charlie

• Taperssection Member
  • music is the weapon
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 09:28:29 AM »
Have u paid for the new charger off of ebay. I have one that i will give to u.

alas, i have paid for it already! I posted an ISO in the yard sale a few days ago, but didnt get any offers so i went ahead and hit up ebay.
 thanks anyway man.

Offline Low Spark

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 10:31:02 PM »
Im sorry i didnt see in the ISO.
Mics: AKG 481

American by Birth - A Southerner by the Grace of God.

I caught myself pumping the air with my fist, throwing elbows and getting down like an 18-year-old on his first mushroom trip on the lawn at Raleigh. But since every night is Saturday

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 11:20:49 PM »
The power supply/charger for the JB3 is rather generic.  I have two of them here that came with my DSL modems.  Exact same thing, just doesnt say creative on it.
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com