Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Zoom H1 (announced at Musikmesse)  (Read 14800 times)

Offline sunjan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taping since 1988, 28 years of fine recordings...
    • Just a handful of stuff I put on etree
Zoom H1 (announced at Musikmesse)
« on: March 25, 2010, 05:59:02 AM »
This just out:
http://www.delamar.de/hardware/musikmesse-2010-zoom-h1-preiswerter-recorder-fuer-einsteiger-7834/

I only found the description in German yet, run it in google translate for the lowdown...

Most important facts:
Runtime 10 hours on just one AAA battery
24-bit / 96 kHz
X/Y-mics
LoCut-Filter
Line-in
Mic-in

MSRP: 119 EUR
Shipping June 2010

« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 08:25:17 AM by sunjan »
Mics: A-51s LE, CK 930, Line Audo CM3, AT853Rx (hc,c,sc),  ECM 121, ECM 909A
Pres: Tinybox, CA-9100, UA5 wmod
Recorders: M10, H116 (CF mod), H340, NJB3
Gearbag: High Sierra Corkscrew
MD transfers: MZ-RH1. Tape transfers: Nak DR-1
Photo rig: Nikon D70, 18-70mm/3.5-4.5, SB-800

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: Zoom H1 (announced at Musikmesse)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 08:25:09 AM »
The manufacturer will zoom in on this year's Frankfurt Music Fair, the new ultra-compact pocket recorder Zoom H1. This is for beginners to one, as the manufacturer calls it, is a sensational price thrown on the market. When you zoom H1 Recorder is the little brother of the Zoom H2.

The H1 zoom comes in ultra-compact body proportions as so-called pocket recorder, and therefore provides a professional recording technology. The microphone capsules of the zoom are H1 in X / Y configuration and are placed next to high-quality inputs and outputs, microSD / microSDHC slot Speicherkaten and many other
Features bereit. Features ready.  Holdings is the zoom H1 with a single AAA battery, sufficient for about ten hours of recording.

Recordings in studio quality, as promised by the manufacturers, which in plain language a resolution of 24-bit and 96 kHz means.  Despite its compact dimensions, it was the manufacturer to integrate the award-winning recording technology of the recorder in the new H4n Zoom Zoom Aufnahmewinzling to H1.

This ensures a perfect stereo image at all times. A switchable LoCut filter was also integrated. At low volumes, the zoom moves H1 on request with an auto-adjusting the recording level to the body.  The timestamp function in turn ensures that the user in the jungles of the audio files never lose the overview. External audio sources and microphones can be connected as well as headphones and amplifiers.

Despite the positioning of the zoom H1 as a device for recording beginners is the handy device packed with premium features.  Order to increase the maximum recording time to change simply by the classical PCM recording in the space-saving MP3 mode. Thanks to USB 2.0 is also the rapid exchange of data with a PC no problem.  In terms of power, there is the zoom H1 still very modest: With a single AAA battery comes from the mobile recorder for 10 hours.

Packaged with Zoom H1 are a 2-gigabyte microSD card, a windscreen for outdoor shots, one AAA battery and a USB cable.

The H1 zoom was first introduced at the Musikmesse 2010 in Frankfurt and will be sold at a price of 119, - Euro. Delivery of the H1 zoom is expected to be until June 2010. More Informatioenn later.

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 10:52:43 AM »
LOL!  It looks like a metal detecting wand, like they use at airport security.

119 Euro is about $160 USD.  Let's assume that this is the MSRP.  The Zoom H2 four channel recorder has an MSRP of $179 USD, and can be found for about $140 from many outlets (a 22% discount).  So I'd expect the Zoom H1 two channel recorder to have a street price around $125.

Flintstone
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 10:54:17 AM by flintstone »

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 05:17:13 PM »
Hmm, that's an interesting design - not too many buttons on the front!  And properly co-incident mics (which however must add to the bulk/thickness).  It looks like a good one for just having in your pocket just in case.  I guess now each manufacturer is looking for a way to distinguish his latest offering from the others in a fairly crowded market.  This one has the air of simplicity with reasonable quality (to be determined...) and low price.

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 05:45:19 PM »
Woah!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g8zsmyJ3Tc indicates that this is not a pocket recorder!  ("Is that a Zoom H1 in your pocket or are you absolutely delighted to see me?").  It's much thicker than the photo in the first post shows, and the controls appear to be mostly  in the ample sides rather than on the front.

For a pic which gives you a better idea of the form factor, and of the R-05, see http://www.slashcam.com/news/single/New-Pocket-Recorder-by-Roland--R-05--and-zoom--H1--8291.html
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 05:47:43 PM by Ozpeter »

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 05:51:26 PM »
Looks like the screen is really small from the video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g8zsmyJ3Tc); the meters must be tiny.   Make sure you wear your glasses with this thing!  Looks really plastic-y in too...

EDIT:  Scratch that; didn't see Ozpeter's post!

runonce

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 05:56:53 PM »
Woah!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g8zsmyJ3Tc indicates that this is not a pocket recorder!  ("Is that a Zoom H1 in your pocket or are you absolutely delighted to see me?").  It's much thicker than the photo in the first post shows, and the controls appear to be mostly  in the ample sides rather than on the front.

For a pic which gives you a better idea of the form factor, and of the R-05, see http://www.slashcam.com/news/single/New-Pocket-Recorder-by-Roland--R-05--and-zoom--H1--8291.html

Interesting the metal "helmet" for the mics...just slots to reveal the capsules...

Offline Shadow_7

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 08:11:46 PM »
If they throw a 1/4" thing in there for tripods with a camcorder on top, I could see a lot of interest in that market for this thing.  Amazing battery life for 1x AAA.

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 09:47:34 PM »

Yep, they done good on this H1, changed the game getting down to one AA ----- st&@lth scores once again (from behind the three-point line this time)   8) 8) ;) 8) 8)

It will be a 4-point play, if they paint it all black..
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 12:02:05 AM »
st&@lth scores once again
hmmm - it'd be hard to pass it off as a phone or a shaver.  At first I thought it was like the Olympus recorders, till I saw the 3D view and the size of it in the salesman's hand.  I'd say it was designed to have a "look at me" factor, rather than an "I'm not here" factor, though having just the record (record toggle??) button on the front would lend itself to operating it by feel,  unexposed.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 01:01:21 AM »

Yep, they done good on this H1, changed the game getting down to one AA ----- st&@lth scores once again (from behind the three-point line this time)   8) 8) ;) 8) 8)

you gonna switch to digi yet?
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 08:23:59 AM »

you gonna switch to digi yet?

Gimme SPDIF I/O in something this small and cheep, and I'm in.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 09:54:21 PM »
Gimme SPDIF I/O in something this small and cheep, and I'm in.

But your mics are analogue. Switch to digital mics:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/485125-REG/Neumann_KM_184_D_NX_ST_KM_184DSS_Cardioid.html
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline sunjan

• Taping since 1988, 28 years of fine recordings...
    • Just a handful of stuff I put on etree
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 05:38:06 AM »
119 Euro is about $160 USD.  Let's assume that this is the MSRP.  The Zoom H2 four channel recorder has an MSRP of $179 USD, and can be found for about $140 from many outlets (a 22% discount).  So I'd expect the Zoom H1 two channel recorder to have a street price around $125.

Some Euro sites have this listed now from EUR94:
http://www.rockpalace.com/en/product/Zoom-H1

Due to ship in June...

What really bugs me is that there is no trace of the H1 on the official sites (Zoom as well as Samson). Launched several weeks ago, and not a single mention!
Is this vaporware, or just sloppy and unattentive attitude?

Mics: A-51s LE, CK 930, Line Audo CM3, AT853Rx (hc,c,sc),  ECM 121, ECM 909A
Pres: Tinybox, CA-9100, UA5 wmod
Recorders: M10, H116 (CF mod), H340, NJB3
Gearbag: High Sierra Corkscrew
MD transfers: MZ-RH1. Tape transfers: Nak DR-1
Photo rig: Nikon D70, 18-70mm/3.5-4.5, SB-800

Offline refrain

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 10:36:47 PM »
Hello,

I've also found it on thomman music store, 96 euros...
http://www.thomann.de/pt/zoom_h_1.htm
Mics: 2x Oktava MK-012 Card (XY, ORTF), AT BP4025 (STEREO XY), Fel Clippy (omni stereo XLR pair - UK), Immersive Sound Earsights (omni stereo XLR pair - FR), Sony ECM 55B (Lav), 2x JrF Piezo and Hydrophone (UK), Lom Geophone (SLOV), Organic Audio Piezo/hydrophone (IT), DIY piezo mics
Audio Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6, Zoom H5
Assorted audio acessories: Motu Ultralite MKIII, Echofire2 interface, Mackie 802 VLZ3 mixer, Rycote BBG, Sennheiser hd25
Audio Monitors: Yamaha HS7, Yamaha MSP5

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com