Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART II**  (Read 86388 times)

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • www.tapers.org
Re: M-Audio Flash Tracker details **PART II**
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2005, 09:16:23 AM »
thanks for the info william.  a question.  are those red and green indicators on the front paint, or lights?
we all live downstream.

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2005, 09:29:31 AM »
the only question that i have is, what happpends after 2 gigs, does it create a new file, if not the you are fucked. wavelab can't open more than 2 gigs

jon

Good thing Spark can. ;)
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2005, 09:42:09 AM »
the only question that i have is, what happpends after 2 gigs, does it create a new file, if not the you are fucked. wavelab can't open more than 2 gigs

jon

Good thing Spark can. ;)
What about doing an arbitrary division using shntool's split command, THEN opening the files in Wavelab?
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline d5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2005, 10:45:55 AM »
For those of you who havent picked up a CF card yet and your not to anti Ebay yet I've pulled a couple nice prices out of there this week. I scored a new in package SanDisk 4gb x80 card for $175 and a Hitachi 4gb microdrive (out of package but new) for $113.

Brad
So what's better, cf card or microdrive? What about write speeds on cf cards? Is the cheapest one OK? Sandisk Ultra II's and Lexar Pro's are over 400. I found a Seagate 5gb cf for 249. http://www.memorysuppliers.com/se5gbst1mico.html.

Compact Flash cards are much better than microdrives.  The whole reason I'm buying the microtrack is to move to solid state media where there are virtually no heat or vibration issues that exist with hard disc recorders.  Using a microdrive in the Microtrack would bring up all of those issues.

The Seagate card you linked to is a microdrive, btw (at least, the pictured item is).

Also, the CF card should have a lower power consumption on the battery than the microdrive.

I would suggest buying the largest card you can because it will be a more efficient use of the memory. If you switch cards at a show, then you will most likely be leaving behind empty space on the first card.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 10:49:54 AM by d5 »
JW mod AKG 460/ck61's > Sound Devices 702

Offline bartek

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2005, 12:21:58 PM »
For those of you who havent picked up a CF card yet and your not to anti Ebay yet I've pulled a couple nice prices out of there this week. I scored a new in package SanDisk 4gb x80 card for $175 and a Hitachi 4gb microdrive (out of package but new) for $113.

Brad
So what's better, cf card or microdrive? What about write speeds on cf cards? Is the cheapest one OK? Sandisk Ultra II's and Lexar Pro's are over 400. I found a Seagate 5gb cf for 249. http://www.memorysuppliers.com/se5gbst1mico.html.

Compact Flash cards are much better than microdrives.  The whole reason I'm buying the microtrack is to move to solid state media where there are virtually no heat or vibration issues that exist with hard disc recorders.  Using a microdrive in the Microtrack would bring up all of those issues.

The Seagate card you linked to is a microdrive, btw (at least, the pictured item is).

I see that now. 5gbmd. Oh well. So what type of cf card? Does it have to be the 2 I mention above? The 400+ dollar ones. Or one of the cheaper ones. Thanks.
For recording audio the SanDisk type I CF card is enough even if you want to record in 24/96 modus. However the Ultra II CF card will give you slightly higher transfer speeds when using USB 2.0.
Setup: OKM II > A3 > JB3

Depechemode1993

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2005, 02:07:24 PM »
I know this has already been covered in the 1st topic of this. but as I have seen the inputs and I see a mic in. so we do not have a line in on this thing? I know there are two connectors for L/R mic inputs. I am guessing that is Line In? I tired reading all of the first thread and I saw that there was going to be a Line In on this recorder? how would I convert it to use my DPA 4061's? I did see the dimensons of this thing and it is twice as small as the M1!!! I cannot wait until I will have money to buy it! it should be alot easier stealthing. so for this thing you need a CF card? and to record for more than 2 hrs. you should get a 8 GB CF card? this thing looks NOYCE!

Offline Brian

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2005, 02:30:24 PM »
I know this has already been covered in the 1st topic of this. but as I have seen the inputs and I see a mic in. so we do not have a line in on this thing? I know there are two connectors for L/R mic inputs. I am guessing that is Line In? I tired reading all of the first thread and I saw that there was going to be a Line In on this recorder? how would I convert it to use my DPA 4061's? I did see the dimensons of this thing and it is twice as small as the M1!!! I cannot wait until I will have money to buy it! it should be alot easier stealthing. so for this thing you need a CF card? and to record for more than 2 hrs. you should get a 8 GB CF card? this thing looks NOYCE!

check out the pictures in this thread.  the inputs can be switched so that they can accept either mic or line inputs

Depechemode1993

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2005, 02:42:15 PM »

check out the pictures in this thread.  the inputs can be switched so that they can accept either mic or line inputs

where is the line in? its not a 1/8 connector I am guessing? its the 2 big inputs in the middle? how would I use that? thanks for help Brian. +T

Offline Brian

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2005, 02:45:21 PM »
there is a switch as indicated in another picture.  it's the one that says m/l/h

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2005, 02:54:41 PM »
there is a switch as indicated in another picture.  it's the one that says m/l/h

Actually someone posted earlier that that particular switch deals with gain (low/medium/high).

The 1/4" inputs are obviously the only method of attaining a line level signal, however I would bet the selection of mic or line is inside the menu, as there is no obvious hardware switch in the pictures we've seen.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline Brian

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2005, 03:00:57 PM »
that's right...low/medium/high......sorry aobut that!

probably selectable from a menu?

Depechemode1993

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2005, 03:03:41 PM »
that's right...low/medium/high......sorry aobut that!

probably selectable from a menu?

hopefully it is. if not is there a cable out there where it goes into 2 1/4 cables then you can plug in a 1/8 cable at the other? would that work to use some 4061's?

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Depechemode1993

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2005, 03:57:57 PM »
This looks like one...

http://www.audiogear.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?key=Adpt2QmmMsf&preadd=action
holla back! I was just kind of lazy and didn't want to search for it! would it work though?

Offline jmerin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2005, 04:01:28 PM »
What is the L/M/H button on the side?

Low/Medium/High Gain

Can you easily get to the internal battery for possible replacement in the field?

There is no easy way to replace the battery in the field.  There are no screws on the back panel, just solid plastic.  As mentioned earlier, the usb port is the way to power for extended use.

The knob next to the cf/micro drive slot is the "joy stick" if you will, that toggles through the menu option.

It weighs about as much as a cell phone, maybe less.

jon

CD Wave opens files larger than 2gb for me... 

oh ok, but will this be able to recorder larger than 2gb
Mics: Schoeps MK4's | Schoeps MK41's | Schoeps Mk21's
Pre-Amps: Schoeps VMS02ib | Nbox Platinum KCY
Cables: KCY 250/5 Ig (2)
Recorders: Sony M10  | Tascam 70D l Edirol R-44

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.199 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com