Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: vxpocke help  (Read 5965 times)

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
vxpocke help
« on: August 02, 2004, 11:14:19 PM »
I am looking to by a vxpocke and I want to know if you have to do any body modes to a mac Powerbook G4. I saw a sony laptop at the dead show and the guy had to cut the body of his laptop so it could fit in the notebook. My frind has one and he did not have to do any thing to is notebook but the card went right in the side of his notebook. If any one has one and can tell me what I would need to do to my notebook if i got one.
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
Re: vxpocke help
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 11:41:31 PM »
a vx pocket slides right into a pcmcia slot,a nd is the same exact size as the slot, i cant see where it would even be possible for it not fit in ANY laptop

fwiw ive had 2 different sony laptops and both took a vx pocket no problem, and saw daves (schoepst00bes) new vaio laptop at alpine and he ran a vx pocket no problem

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 02:23:36 AM »
hey caymanreview even in a apple. the sony that i saw was a not a full size one it about 1/2  the size as the 15in ones.
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 02:44:18 AM »
i ran the vaio picturebook (really small lappy) and it had a regular pcmcia slot... i had no idea they had different sized slots. ive never seen anything that would be compatible with a smaller sized pcmcia slot like that...

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 01:02:20 PM »
I don't see why you would have to hack away at any laptop to make a vxpocket work.  A pcmcia slot fits a pcmcia card, simple as that.  I have 4 laptops sitting in front of me all diffrent and can put a vxpocket in any of them no problem.
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 01:45:47 PM »
thanks for all youe help

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 04:09:47 PM »
im not sure it was help.... but your welcome ;)

i got another small sony comp today and it has the regular pcmcia slot also

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 04:23:56 PM »
dustin what are you running now
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline mirth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2004, 05:12:28 PM »
Maybe he saw the mod that involves hacking the case to secure the dongle from being bumped?
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline fasteddy

• Taperssection Regular
  • Bob Snodgrass.... Living Legend
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 09:32:42 PM »
are these vx pockets stil avaiable new, or there only used ones floating around?

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2004, 10:04:06 PM »
you can still get them new on B&H web page.

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2004, 11:00:45 PM »
check ebay, there have been alot of vx pockets and vx pocket 440s on there for cheap lately

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2004, 01:40:02 PM »
Just got the 440 offf ebay for 115.95 brand new the guy had a lot of them. It showed upo yesterday and it was factoiry sealed brand new. Works like a charm
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 04:46:58 PM by kindms »
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2004, 04:31:58 PM »
dustin what are you running now

Sony PCG-SRX87

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2004, 05:30:15 PM »
Just got the 440 offf ebay for 115.95 brand new the guy had a lot of them. It showed upo yesterday and it was factoiry sealed brand new. Works like a charm
Did you test any 4 track?  They're really cheap!
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.453 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com