Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: State-of-the-Macintosh Questions  (Read 7113 times)

Offline Nicaragua

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: State-of-the-Macintosh Questions
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 12:02:50 AM »
You must break up the file into separate wave or AIFF files, then despite a zero gap option, it still puts a break in the tune, so if you're looking for seamless audio, that isn't going to happen. :-(

wait is this just a problem for mac? or does gapless not work on PC as well?
currently reassembling my rig due to theft by Greyhound Bus Inc employees.

Offline ducati

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 07:41:32 AM »
Thank you kindly, rocksuitcase, that app looks excellent.  They even have a trial so I can use it while it's being shipped.

I had to laugh, though, when I looked at the feature page:
• Bit depths up to 32-bit
• Sample rates up to 10Mhz

Wouldn't that be nice (except on storage space)!!!   :o

As for Discwelder--I emailed them the thread and specifically asked about the gapless burning.  I was assured the OS X version of Bronze would do gapless burning...  Their manual claims it does...  Are they just full of it, or perhaps was this fixed in a new rev?

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Homepage
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 07:52:31 AM »
You must break up the file into separate wave or AIFF files, then despite a zero gap option, it still puts a break in the tune, so if you're looking for seamless audio, that isn't going to happen. :-(

That's a good question, I'll find out from the guy I've been dealing with on other issues.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline ducati

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 10:34:19 AM »
I ended up with PEAK 4 LE, for what it's worth...  I found it at $69.99 at my local Sam Ash, not too bad.  It's a little foreign to me at the moment, but appears to work just fine.

Now I need to find something that allows me to burn DVD-V if possible...  If not, I need to decide between setting up a windows box to burn with Audio DVD Creator (what a killer price on that app!) or buy Discwelder for the Mac.  Can't make up my mind  :)

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2005, 11:15:55 AM »

That's a good question, I'll find out from the guy I've been dealing with on other issues.

Here is what Minnetonka claims... They say the problem is not in the burn, but in the playback system. I can only test my DVD-A discs on my Samsung player, so I'm not sure if the info is correct, but I don't have a reason to doubt him.

Wayne

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2005, 11:18:40 AM »
Now I need to find something that allows me to burn DVD-V if possible...  If not, I need to decide between setting up a windows box to burn with Audio DVD Creator (what a killer price on that app!) or buy Discwelder for the Mac.  Can't make up my mind  :)

For DVD-V, I would recommend iMovie and iDVD. Just drop your sound files into iMovie (make them separate AIFF or WAV files), then but them together. Create chapter markers for iDVD, then run the xport to iDVD. The result is a DVD-V disc.

You cannot use a sampling rate higher than 48 kHz, but it does work like a charm. If you need 96 kHz, then you'll need to pony up for DVD Studio Pro or move to DVD-A discs using DiscWelder.

Wayne

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2005, 06:57:14 PM »
I ended up with PEAK 4 LE, for what it's worth...  I found it at $69.99 at my local Sam Ash, not too bad.  It's a little foreign to me at the moment, but appears to work just fine.

pm me if you want.  I should be able to throw together some hints or tips on things you are having questions about.  It took me about 6-9 months of moderate use to really get in the swing with PEAK.  After that I have found it EXTREMELY perfect for the kind of editing I do (audience taper).
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline ducati

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2005, 09:02:59 AM »

For DVD-V, I would recommend iMovie and iDVD. Just drop your sound files into iMovie (make them separate AIFF or WAV files), then but them together. Create chapter markers for iDVD, then run the xport to iDVD. The result is a DVD-V disc.

You cannot use a sampling rate higher than 48 kHz, but it does work like a charm. If you need 96 kHz, then you'll need to pony up for DVD Studio Pro or move to DVD-A discs using DiscWelder.

Wayne

Thanks man, +T.  I guess I'm going Discwelder as I want the full 24/96 as it sounds appreciably better to my ears than 24/48.

I'll keep you posted on the gapless burning--I am planning on buying Discwelder and I can try it in a few different DVD-A players.  Speaking of Discwelder, did you purchase directly from Minnetonka?  I called our local Sam Ash and they didn't carry it...  Neither did my local computer store (which was surprising to me).

Offline ducati

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2005, 09:03:25 AM »

pm me if you want.  I should be able to throw together some hints or tips on things you are having questions about.  It took me about 6-9 months of moderate use to really get in the swing with PEAK.  After that I have found it EXTREMELY perfect for the kind of editing I do (audience taper).

Thanks!!  +T. 

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2005, 10:44:21 AM »
Speaking of Discwelder, did you purchase directly from Minnetonka?  I called our local Sam Ash and they didn't carry it...  Neither did my local computer store (which was surprising to me).

I bought it directly from them.

Wayne

Offline ducati

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2005, 10:45:12 AM »
Great, thanks.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.113 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com