Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: WaveLab: how to increase a channel's volume?  (Read 7733 times)

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: WaveLab: how to increase a channel's volume?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 05:47:44 PM »
Wavelab 5.0 is hugely flawed in regard to single channel behavior.  There is NO WAY that version went through anything that could remotely be called "QA" before it was released.

I'm glad you brought this up. I've been using v5.00a for over a year now and did the same thing as you - got frustrated and went to CEP to adjust levels.

I've also tried opening the channel I want to change gain on in a new window, change gain then copy it back over the original wav file's right channel but get stopped when wavelab complained that the new file would exceed 2GB.

Yeah...get 5.01b or better yet, buy samplitude le(45 bucks) or get reaper.

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: WaveLab: how to increase a channel's volume?
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 09:39:02 AM »
Wavelab 5.0 is hugely flawed in regard to single channel behavior.  There is NO WAY that version went through anything that could remotely be called "QA" before it was released.

I'm glad you brought this up. I've been using v5.00a for over a year now and did the same thing as you - got frustrated and went to CEP to adjust levels.

I've also tried opening the channel I want to change gain on in a new window, change gain then copy it back over the original wav file's right channel but get stopped when wavelab complained that the new file would exceed 2GB.

I’ve ran 5.01a On three machines Ranging from a 700 MHz AMD to a 3.2ghz pent 4.   And I have never had any of the prob's that folk's have complained about. some of theses machines are Xp some are 2000 pro and it works on both.

2 GB file size thing is an easy fix and has been discussed many times on this site.
Simply press CNTL-P > go to the file tab >now select to create 24 bit float files. This should fix that prob.
AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com