Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: sbd outs?  (Read 1424 times)

Offline dgodwin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • AT4041->Tascam DR-100mkiii
sbd outs?
« on: March 05, 2006, 04:45:23 PM »
At the school where I teach, we recently moved into a new building with all new stuff in the auditorium.  I volunteered to help with the stage crew and set construction.  One of my duites has been to figure out the technical stuff, including the sbd and mics and such.  One of the things that wasn't hooked up by the tech company that came in and did everything was the cd recorder.  The soundboard (A Crest HP 8 with 40 channels) didn't have a specific tape out, so I got it working by using the last two aux sends (aux sends 9 and 10)  Is there a better way to hook up the cd recorder?  and are there any things I should be aware of by hooking it up this way?  Thanks in advance! 

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
Re: sbd outs?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 05:32:09 PM »
If the HP-8 is like other Crest mixers Ive run sound on, you should be able to use the 1/4" L/R matrix out and get the same thing that is going through the mains.  They often have their own volume control on the board itself.  The Matrix outputs should be located near the XLR Main/mono outputs on the back of the board in the doghouse. Just make sure you use the matrix outs and not the monitor outs.  The monitor outs will be recording what the soundman is listening to (ie when he solos a channel, etc).
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline dgodwin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AT4041->Tascam DR-100mkiii
Re: sbd outs?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 06:19:25 PM »
The board does have some matrix outs.  When I go back tomorrow, I'll try things out using the matrix outs instead of the aux sends.  +T

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com