Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: i'm getting one!  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
i'm getting one!
« on: July 14, 2005, 08:25:38 PM »
check this out, a solution to the problem of available media limiting the time you can shoot to about an hour...will be great for whole shows!

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/JVC-Introduces-Four-Hard-Drive-Based-Everio-Camcorders.htm
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline Morphius

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: i'm getting one!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 08:49:11 PM »
Ooooh.... ahhh.... works better in "low light situations" as well.  Sounds like someone was cruising the boards when they thought of that thing  ;)

Edit:  I'm a little leary about not being able to take out the media... what do you say when you get caught now?

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 09:00:16 PM »
well, my hope is that i can do it with permission at a lot of shows in boulder...smaller acts and whatnot.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline blajnwand

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Tradelist
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 09:46:01 PM »
If you ever plan on editing those down in an NLE it will be a HUGE pain in the ass.

I don't know when they didn't offer a DV25 setting with the larger capacity drive models. They could have added a firewire port and folks could get an external drive (firestore) if they needed to record more than four hours at a time. For the same $1000 you can get a 3CCD consumer Panasonic and a Firestore drive.

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 10:05:36 PM »
If you ever plan on editing those down in an NLE it will be a HUGE pain in the ass.

I don't know when they didn't offer a DV25 setting with the larger capacity drive models. They could have added a firewire port and folks could get an external drive (firestore) if they needed to record more than four hours at a time. For the same $1000 you can get a 3CCD consumer Panasonic and a Firestore drive.
got a model to recommend?
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Offline blajnwand

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Tradelist
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 10:54:44 PM »
Sure. Check out the Panasonic GS-120, GS-200, and GS-400. I picked up a slightly used GS-120 with a four year warranty last year on eBay for around $500. The 120 and 200 are basically the same camera, except the 200 has better still capture capacity. Then you can pick up a Firestore FS-1 or FS-2 on eBay for between $300 and $600. I believe the FS-2 has a 120GB HD, so that should get you about 8-9 hours of capture time if you don't want to use tape.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com