Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mini dv VS dvd camcorder  (Read 6072 times)

Offline BuddyGoodness

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: mini dv VS dvd camcorder
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 07:32:33 PM »
The best bang for your buck (assuming you can do it) is to have a taper friend do the audio, then sync afterwards.  While it's a bit more involved, you'll thank yourself in the end.

I also suggest running the DV tape in LP mode.  The quality is the same, but make sure you import the DV tape to your computer on the SAME recorder you shot the show with.  Otherwise you'll drop frames.

Are you serious?  Recording in LP mode records at the same quality?  That is weird, then why do they have the option of SP or LP, if this is true that will kick so much ass.  Does it have to be the same recorder or just the same model?

Offline BuddyGoodness

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 07:38:06 PM »
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to say that in the smaller venue I have taped with my Sony HC-20, the audio came out really well, it has two mics in the front.  That whole tape load from the bottom does suck ass when using a tripod.  I use a tripod from best buy that goes to 74" but it seems higher than that because I am 72" tall and I have to look up atleast 5 inched to the screen when it is fully extended.  That tripod has a large base but it rocks for getting above people's heads.

Offline sabre

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 09:33:04 PM »
Are you serious?  Recording in LP mode records at the same quality?  That is weird, then why do they have the option of SP or LP, if this is true that will kick so much ass.  Does it have to be the same recorder or just the same model?

Yes, with digital video (miniDV, Digital8)  LP and SP have the same picture quality. BUT there are a couple of downsides with using LP. In LP mode there is a greater chance of dropouts and if a dropout does occurs is may affect more frames than a dropout would affect in SP mode.
Also, there have been reports of compatability problems when using an LP tape in another camera.

Offline BuddyGoodness

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 02:53:09 AM »
hmmmm, seems like a small price to pay if I am just going to transfer the info to my comp.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com