Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Video Editting Software  (Read 1918 times)

wjlapier

• Trade Count: (0)
Video Editting Software
« on: December 10, 2007, 05:04:50 PM »
I was wondering if there is software that will capture video from a DV camera and turn it self off after capturing it all.  Also, I'd like to cut up some video and move the clips to different menus I create.  Basically, I've video taped some HS football and would like the cut the video up by players and create a menu for each main player.  I'm using Roxio something or other I got with my Dell desktop.  Capturing isn't a problem but I'd like to walk away and come back later to do the editting.  Can Photoshop Premier Elements do what I'd like it to do?  Something else that isn't too expensive?

Thanx-- 

Offline gearscout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Video Editting Software
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 04:27:34 PM »
Most of them sense that the video has stopped and just halt the capture, in my experience.

Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro will do it.  Matrox with the RT.X100/X2 accelerator will do it, capturing each camera start as a separate file. (Very slick!)

I don't know about Elements.  Why not download a free, 30-day trial and find out?

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiereel/tryout.html

If you can FIND a copy -- it's been discontinued -- you might give Avid FreeDV a try.   Avid's base product is now $500.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com