Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Any Adobe Audtion gurus? It won't let me time stretch!  (Read 2261 times)

Offline landshark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Any Adobe Audtion gurus? It won't let me time stretch!
« on: March 26, 2009, 12:30:38 AM »
'm trying to time stretch a clip, but Audition won't let me. I select the correct tool, I get the time stretch cursor (the one with the clock) and I stretch. Visually, it looks like the waveform is being stretched, but as soon as I let go of the mouse button, the waveform snaps back to its original. If I was trying to stretch longer, it just adds silence to the end of the clip. If I was trying to compress, it just truncates the clip based on where I released the mouse. I also noticed that when I right click the track in multitrack view, the third selection, "Clip Time Stretch Properties" is grayed out.

Any ideas welcome, this is driving me up the wall!

Mike
AKG 461's / 463's OR Senn MKH 8040's > MR1000 (Busman mod) or Shure FP24 (aka MixPre) > MR1 (open)
Coresounds Binaurals > CChurch 9100 > MR1 OR AKG CK1x/2x/3x > Deneke P20 > MR1 (low profile)

Offline SIRMick

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Any Adobe Audtion gurus? It won't let me time stretch!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 12:57:52 PM »
Using the edit window, if you look on the menu under "Effects" you will see time/pitch.  From there choose stretch.  Check "High precision" and "Resample"  Then you just need to decide on how much you want to stretch it

HTH

Mick

Offline landshark

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 09:11:19 AM »
Thanks Mick -

I did try that (I've tried seemingly thousands of ways to timestretch).  The problem seems to be the file size - I'm working with about an hour of 24/96 (altho I downsampled to 24/48 to try that) and with that file size, Audition just doesn't want to allow timestretch.  If I add shorter clips in multi track view, I can timestretch those clips, just not the long ones.  Which, of course, does me no good since I'm trying to synch three stereo tracks of recording.  I tried turning off "undo" and maxing out the size of the temp space, but still no dice.

Mike
AKG 461's / 463's OR Senn MKH 8040's > MR1000 (Busman mod) or Shure FP24 (aka MixPre) > MR1 (open)
Coresounds Binaurals > CChurch 9100 > MR1 OR AKG CK1x/2x/3x > Deneke P20 > MR1 (low profile)

Offline SIRMick

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 09:43:52 AM »
Mike,

The problem in your case is almost certainly that Adobe doesn't like to work with files that are over 2 gbs in size.  I think you are going to have to cut the file so that Adobe will do it. 

Offline phanophish

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • ImageLume Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 05:26:05 PM »
Can you approach it from the other direction and slightly time compress all of the video?

Photo:  Nikon D300, D200, 35mm f/1.8,  50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, Nikon 17-55 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50/2.8 Macro, 18-70 f/4.5-5.6, 24-120 f/3.5-5.6 VR, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8VR, SB-800

Jake: What's this?
Elwood: What?
Jake: This car. This stupid car. Where's the Cadillac? The Caddy? Where's the Caddy?
Elwood: The what?
Jake: The Cadillac we used to have. The Blues Mobile!
Elwood: I traded it.
Jake: You traded the Blues Mobile for this?
Elwood: No. For a microphone.
Jake: A microphone? Okay I can see that.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com