Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Soundcare advice for DAT to PC Transfer  (Read 1702 times)

Offline flphish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Soundcare advice for DAT to PC Transfer
« on: November 23, 2010, 08:50:37 PM »
I need to get a new soundcard to transfer DAT's to my PC. I accidentally threw out my old PC with my M-Audio Audiophile 2496 still in it. D'oh! Are there any less expensive alternatives to the 2496 that will do a bit for bit digital transfer? Any advice is appreciated, and if anyone has a soundcard that would fit my needs for sale I can be reached here or at flphish at verizon dot net. Thanks!

Offline gratefulphish

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
Re: Soundcare advice for DAT to PC Transfer
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 06:13:19 PM »
I need to get a new soundcard to transfer DAT's to my PC. I accidentally threw out my old PC with my M-Audio Audiophile 2496 still in it. D'oh! Are there any less expensive alternatives to the 2496 that will do a bit for bit digital transfer? Any advice is appreciated, and if anyone has a soundcard that would fit my needs for sale I can be reached here or at flphish at verizon dot net. Thanks!

The 24/96 is still the best affordable alternative, although depending on what type of deck and/or preamp you have, you may be able to use their A/D to transfer the DATs.
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Other gear: AKG C451Es, Tascam DA-P1, Sony D-8

Offline jaz

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Soundcare advice for DAT to PC Transfer
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:28:32 AM »
I did 100's of transfers with a used Delta 1010lt from M-Audio and it was a tank. I got into some money so i bought a new PC and a Lynx sound card. No other reason why i dont use the M-audio antmore In fact I still have it and I'll be installing it again if I build another PC. Bottom line the Delta 1010lt is a rock solid card no issues and its not a bad priced unit. 
the rig...... playback PC-> Lynx l22 -> ART SLA-1 -> Cerwin Vegas (Vintage)
Mics, AKG c1000s , ART m-1's, CA-14 Omni
PREAMP, Shure FP-24, ST-9100
Mixer, for multi mic live shows...Edirol m10-dx
on the go tunes flacs... Cowan 60gig Iaudio x5

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com