Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sirius At Home  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Corporate hack

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Sirius At Home
« on: June 02, 2008, 10:13:25 AM »
All- I'm trying to figure out which sirius receiver to get for my home system- is the polk audio one any better than the audio designs associates?  what about the home connect pro?  I don't want to get the ADA or the logitech as they are just way overpriced, but is any one better than the other?

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: Sirius At Home
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 10:21:27 AM »
cant speak for that, but if you have sirius for a vehicle already, just get a squeezebox and it will stream your internet stream from sirius.  I upgraded my sirius stream to "CD quality" for $2.99 a month strictly because it sounded warbly, but now I get access to my entire digitized music collection (mp3s and flac) and sirius through the squeezebox...great stuff

Offline cheshirecat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Sirius At Home
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 01:03:05 AM »
cant speak for that, but if you have sirius for a vehicle already, just get a squeezebox and it will stream your internet stream from sirius.  I upgraded my sirius stream to "CD quality" for $2.99 a month strictly because it sounded warbly, but now I get access to my entire digitized music collection (mp3s and flac) and sirius through the squeezebox...great stuff

Did the exact same thing and couldn't be happier... getting the channel names to show up properly was the only trick, but got better more recently with the newer versions of the plugin.
SB2 / Rega P1 > Modified Dynaco PAS2 > Modified Dynaco MK-IV monoblocks> Axiom M22 v2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com