Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Problems with Nakamichi TA-4A Receiver  (Read 2452 times)

cmoorevt

• Trade Count: (0)
Problems with Nakamichi TA-4A Receiver
« on: April 18, 2009, 06:12:32 PM »
I just picked up a Nakamichi TA-4A receiver that seems to be having problems with the left channel.  Not having any clue at all how these things work I figured I'd ask here before taking it into a repair shop.

When I connect anything to the inputs, only the right channel comes thru the speakers.  The headphone jack is the same - right channel only.  Interestingly, if I connect my R09 or cassette deck or some other recording deck to one of the outputs and attempt to record the signal being sent to the receiver, everything works properly and I receive both channels.

I swapped interconnect cables/speaker wire/play decks/inputs so I know the problem lies with the receiver.  It seems to be receiving the left channel but isn't able to send it to the speakers or the headphone output.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can fix this?  Is there somewhere I should look once the cover comes off?  I know these questions may be impossible to answer because they're probably specific to this receiver.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com