Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mobile phone car buzz  (Read 2058 times)

Offline crazifyngers

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
mobile phone car buzz
« on: January 20, 2011, 02:54:36 PM »
Ok this has been bothering me for a while and I don't trust people in phone forums to know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to audio.  Problem is this, when listening to music on my phone through the AUX input on my car stereo it sounds fine.  as soon as I plug in power there is a high pitch buzz.  It is engine noise from the alternator from what I gather.  The sound goes away when unplugged from the power source or when the car is off but the power is still charging the battery (my car doesn't kill charging when the power is off the car.)  So before getting anything I thought I would bring the question here.  I have heard that a ground loop isolator would do the trick something like http://www.amazon.com/GROUND-LOOP-ISOLATOR-3-5-APPLICATIONS/dp/B001EAQTRI maybe.  I have also heard that ground loop isolators don't pass low frequencies well.  I don't know if that is true or not.  Any help is appreciated
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:57:58 PM by crazifyngers »
Gotta love the rat-tail Jerry has; it's where his power comes from!

Offline sparkey

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: mobile phone car buzz
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 04:03:44 PM »
Ok this has been bothering me for a while and I don't trust people in phone forums to know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to audio.  Problem is this, when listening to music on my phone through the AUX input on my car stereo it sounds fine.  as soon as I plug in power there is a high pitch buzz.  It is engine noise from the alternator from what I gather.  The sound goes away when unplugged from the power source or when the car is off but the power is still charging the battery (my car doesn't kill charging when the power is off the car.)  So before getting anything I thought I would bring the question here.  I have heard that a ground loop isolator would do the trick something like http://www.amazon.com/GROUND-LOOP-ISOLATOR-3-5-APPLICATIONS/dp/B001EAQTRI maybe.  I have also heard that ground loop isolators don't pass low frequencies well.  I don't know if that is true or not.  Any help is appreciated

I had a similar issue with a wired FM modulator and my Sirius receiver.  It was helped, but not eliminated, by the installation of a Radio Shack noise reducer.
#Generalstrike for president in 2024

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com