Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: small point-and-shoot for 250 or under?  (Read 6257 times)

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Homepage
Re: small point-and-shoot for 250 or under?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 09:56:57 AM »
If you're looking for nice Panasonic with Lecia lens, look at the LX-2. It has a unique 16x9 mode, can go full manual, but suffers noise at higher ISO settings. However, Circuit City has them for $299 now and I just picked one up to replace the LX-1 I had that was stolen a couple of months ago.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Search.do?c=1&searchType=user&keyword=LX-2S&searchSection=All&go.x=0&go.y=0

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: small point-and-shoot for 250 or under?
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 01:14:41 PM »
I would recommend anything by panasonic with a leica lens.
are those the "lumix"?

my kodak died the other day and i am looking for one to get by val day

the canon 850 has great reviews though and for $309 you get a case and extra battery
seems like most of the middle of the road price wise don't have great reviews, the $250+ ones get much better reviews then the 150-250 range

Yes, they are the Lumix series. I don't think you can go wrong but go to your camera store and play with them. don't listen to the sales people because they are not going to be taking your pictures.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com