Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO: Jb3 Firewire Cable/USB Cable.  (Read 2057 times)

thierryhenry

• Trade Count: (0)
ISO: Jb3 Firewire Cable/USB Cable.
« on: September 25, 2004, 06:56:12 PM »
My friend is gonna give me his Nomad Jukebox 3, but all it comes with is the unit and the Lithium Battery. I was wondering, if I had to buy a USB cable for this, and where could I get it, would I have to go through the Creative Website and buy one for $9.99? Also, could I buy a wirefire from a simple site like this one:

http://www.buyextras.com/firewirecables.html

Or do I have to get a "special," specific Wirefire cable that just comes with the JB3?

Also anyone reading this, who has extras of this stuff, PM me I'd gladly buy them off you if you don't want/need them. Thanks for your help.

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • www.tapers.org
Re: ISO: Jb3 Firewire Cable/USB Cable.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 07:05:43 PM »
you'ld be better off with firewire than usb, much quicker.  you want a 4 pin> 6 pin for desktop, and probably a 4 pin> 4 pin for a lappy.  get the creative disc from him too, if he still has it.  otherwise, you can download form nomadworld.

jr
we all live downstream.

thierryhenry

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 07:10:50 PM »
Ok, he doesn't have any of it, so I will have to buy it.

Can I buy one of the firewire cables from the link above, or wil those not work?

It's a desktop, and I don't think I even know where the Firewire outlet is on my PC.

ha.

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 07:20:40 PM »

Can I buy one of the firewire cables from the link above, or wil those not work?

It's a desktop, and I don't think I even know where the Firewire outlet is on my PC.

ha.

yes you can.  look on your pc for a closed top U, probably on the back, may be marked 1394
we all live downstream.

thierryhenry

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 08:23:21 PM »

ha.

yes you can.  look on your pc for a closed top U, probably on the back, may be marked 1394

I don't think I have a Firewire port, I have checked throughly, how much slower is it to do the USB method? Thanks.

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 09:17:44 PM »

ha.

I don't think I have a Firewire port, I have checked throughly, how much slower is it to do the USB method? Thanks.

much
we all live downstream.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com