Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Circular taping  (Read 7067 times)

Offline Frequincy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I Am The Last Dinosaur
Re: Circular taping
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 05:34:10 PM »
Thanks, I'll check out the link.

I agree a simple omni set up is the traditional way to go. I like to complicate things, LOL. Diffferent recording methods just interest me. Thanks for the link :). I remeber LFE info is usually created from a matrix of the signals. I like explosions, expecially in bluegrass ;D, just kidding.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 06:03:14 PM »
:)
I find explosions in bluegrass rumble strongest in a minor key, from deep within the soul of a coal miner, usually.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline cybergaloot

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Poohbah!
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 06:55:11 PM »
:)
I find explosions in bluegrass rumble strongest in a minor key, from deep within the soul of a coal miner, usually.

Now ur gettin' silly! But I like the ideas.

I don't know if I'll ever end up recording that bunch though, I don't even know where the event took place. I know there is a big pickin' party that takes place at a guy's house about half way between here in Tallahassee and Pensacola where some of the pickers live. I just don't know exactly when and where. That may be where it was taped.
--
Walter

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

this>that>the other

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 08:05:23 PM »
I know there is a big pickin' party that takes place at a guy's house about half way between here in Tallahassee and Pensacola where some of the pickers live. I just don't know exactly when and where. That may be where it was taped.

Only one? I imagined you pan-handlers up there sat around pickin' every night, wherever someone sparked a fire and dragged over a cooler.  ;)
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline sunjan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taping since 1988, 28 years of fine recordings...
    • Just a handful of stuff I put on etree
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 05:10:01 AM »
Taped an annual show billed as "Rap in the Round" where the bands set up in a circle (5 stages). Each act plays one song and they continue this for five rounds. Each stage has it's own speakers. The audience is within the circle.

Sounds like a similar setup to Dutch band Kong. Four band members, one in each corner of the room.
Some live pictures here:
http://www.kong.nl/p_vision/f_live.html
Mics: A-51s LE, CK 930, Line Audo CM3, AT853Rx (hc,c,sc),  ECM 121, ECM 909A
Pres: Tinybox, CA-9100, UA5 wmod
Recorders: M10, H116 (CF mod), H340, NJB3
Gearbag: High Sierra Corkscrew
MD transfers: MZ-RH1. Tape transfers: Nak DR-1
Photo rig: Nikon D70, 18-70mm/3.5-4.5, SB-800

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com