Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Where to get fake glasses  (Read 7114 times)

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Where to get fake glasses
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 04:47:26 PM »
My dad is an optometrist and we run an optical shop. I can hook you up with a cheap frame and plano lenses for about 30.00 shippped. LMK
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline MarkF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 06:26:21 PM »
My dad is an optometrist and we run an optical shop. I can hook you up with a cheap frame and plano lenses for about 30.00 shippped. LMK

Do you have anything horn rimish.  I think that will go best with my covert style. 8) :scared:

The next couple of jobs I have, I dont think the lights will be really low and I am afraid some one will notice I dont have lenses in.  I have a pair of reading glasses like these, but the diopters (+1.25) are too strong

open: SP C-4 > Bumblebee MiAGi-II Silver Cables > UA5 (T+ mod)> H120/JB3

not so open: Church Audio Cardoid mics > ST-9100 preamp > H120

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 08:23:04 AM »

Do you have anything horn rimish.  I think that will go best with my covert style. 8) :scared:

The next couple of jobs I have, I dont think the lights will be really low and I am afraid some one will notice I dont have lenses in.  I have a pair of reading glasses like these, but the diopters (+1.25) are too strong

I"ll take a look around and try to post a pic. Luckily the horn rim style isn't exactly flying off the shelves.  ;) We should have some laying around.
J. Spicoli

Offline MarkF

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 03:09:23 PM »

I"ll take a look around and try to post a pic. Luckily the horn rim style isn't exactly flying off the shelves.  ;) We should have some laying around.

+T Thanks for checking.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 04:40:54 PM »
Does anyone have a source/link to get fake glasses.  I bought some reading glasses with 1.25 diopters, but they are too strong. I am afraid they will give me a headache after a whole show,  not to mention I look strung out because my eyes are trying to compensate for them.  8)

Must be croakie season :)

Chris Church

I get my fake glasses at the dollar store also some opticians sell them, but they tend to be more expensive.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 11:09:24 AM »
Here's a couple pics of some extras laying around.The first one is olive colored with a metal temple. The other is a chocolate plastic frame with plastic temples. LMK what you think of these. They are the same size.

J. Spicoli

Offline travelinbeat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Turning soundwaves into zeros and ones since 1999
    • http://db.etree.org/travelinbeat
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 11:23:55 PM »
I once just bought a crappy pair of old 50's Buddy Holly style reading glasses from a thrift store then brought them to an optomitrist and asked them to replace the lenses with non-prescription.  They were confused as hell but they did it.  Total cost was less than $40.
Mics: Busman BSC1's K1/K2/K3/K4, CA-14's
Units: 2x Edirol R-09HR, iRiver H120 (RockBox + 2200mAh + CF mod)
Power & Accessories: Naiant Littlebox 1.5, Church ST-9100, Denecke PS-2, 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD2/8GB), 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD4/16GB), Kingston 32GB (Model: SD4/32GB), Darktrain XLR, 2x Shure A81WS's, 4x Powerex 9.6v, 12x Sanyo 2700 NiMH, 2x AT8410A's

Team DC · Team Naiant · Team Busman · Team Church Audio · NFL Team is NY Jets

I tape in earnest dedication to the mission of breaking the back of the CTOA

Offline mike ahern

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 08:47:40 PM »

just an assumption, but my guess is that you'd be using the fake glasses in order to attach stealth mic's, yes??
what i do is wear a pair of sunglasses on the top of my head, you know, ear pieces on the ears, but glasses on the crown of your head type of look. use a croakie, too, they act to stabilize the glasses so that they arent so floppy and loose.
this accomplishes two goals: i'm not standing there holding mics in my hand, and the mic's are now 4 inches higher in the air, hopefully getting better sound.
anyway, my solution for what it was worth.
 i'd say its a better option than paying $30 for fake glasses; instead spend it on a pair of shades that you'll use at the beach or wherever ....

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 08:10:17 AM »
I just bought a $5 pair of reading glasses at Walgreens.

From there, I went to Eyemart Express, got the croakies, and then explained to them I needed non-rx plastic lenses in the glasses for a costume.  They charged me a $20 flat fee.

;D
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

wklitz

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 10:29:12 AM »
in my opinion, just take the lenses out.  trust me, someone will notice mics attached to your glasses before they even notice that there are no lenses.

Offline Belexes

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 02:00:59 PM »
in my opinion, just take the lenses out.  trust me, someone will notice mics attached to your glasses before they even notice that there are no lenses.

Not if they are buried in croakies.  To me, just taking the lens out and not replacing them seems too obvious and I'd rather that the person sitting next to me not get clued in to what I am doing.

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline Belexes

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007, 02:02:18 PM »
security minded indiividuals do read this stuff here, and bust tapers with the info that they easily gleaned.

what do you say, folks,... lets not make their job easier?

They can come and get me. I have been stealthing for 17 years and never been busted nor will I ever.

Offline MarkF

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2007, 02:34:21 PM »
I have no idea what you guys are talking about.  When i started this thread, I just need some fashionable glasses to look cool.  8)

Offline habit

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My Archive Shows
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2007, 03:14:07 PM »
I vote thread be gone...but can one vote change the world?

::)
Busman Mod R4 Pro | Schoeps M222 | Schoeps MK4 & 41

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com