Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need Advice for Playback from Scratch  (Read 5454 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: Need Advice for Playback from Scratch
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 08:50:16 AM »
let us not forget that these Sony's, while chaulk full of bells, whistles and unused channels, KICK ASS at straight two channel.
so you could look at it as spending the money on two good channels and being able to grow into HT from there should you want to.

I've heard great things about the Outlaw as well.

on another front, i'm pretty happy w/the sound of my Music Hall Mambo.  two channel, built in DAC...remote!.  Does the trick and usualy found around $500 used.
nice piece, and certainly more Hi-Fi sounding than the Sony's.

Offline Invisible

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 09:10:36 PM »
I personally would highly recommend going with a quality stereo amplifier as opposed to the Sony surround pre/pro. My sincere intentions are not to offend any users of the Sony, but they really sound terrible to my ears. That is what is great about this field; so many varying products and opinions.  :D They are quite possibly the noisiest digital amplifiers that were on the market. There is a reason they discontinued their digital amplifier, and have changed the model numbers now that they are back to a solid state design.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 09:14:10 PM by Invisible »

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 07:08:47 AM »
i didnt find mine noisey, but some were.
inconsistant, for sure.  I did go through two of them..., as my first one broke.

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 04:25:34 PM »
Anyone heard the Infiinty Alpha 50 floor speakers.  Looks like they retailed for about $800 new?  They have the CMMD drivers, which I've read good/decent things about.  They are cheaper used, obviously.  Just curious if anyone has any experience with them.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com