Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Linksys wireless g Music Bridge  (Read 2680 times)

Offline L Ron Hoover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "I figure the odds be 50/50"
Linksys wireless g Music Bridge
« on: February 15, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833124056

Has anyone tried one of these yet. It has rca,mini,coax, and optical outs. I'm tempted to pick one up this evening.

Offline cpatch

• Taperssection Member
  • I STOP FOR CAFFEINE
    • The GodCast Network
Re: Linksys wireless g Music Bridge
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 05:00:03 PM »
No, but I've been using the Apple equivalent for the past few years with my Palm as a wireless remote and I love it!

Craig
Home (Podcasting): AT4040,NT-1A > Symetrix 528e > dbx 1066 > Mackie 1202-VLZ-PRO > 24" Intel iMac
Field (Podcasting/Taping): AT853RX,LSD2,MD46 > Bus PMD660/H4
$100 Super Stealth: Giant Squid Stereo Omnis > iRiver iFP-795

Offline L Ron Hoover

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 05:16:48 PM »
I was thinking about getting the squeezebox thingy, but I really don't need to control my music via the box. I can just set up a playlist in foobar, or walk into the other room (where the computer is) if I want to  change music. If this thing works well, it is just what I need for 24 bit playback!!

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 09:49:27 AM »
Are you sure it supports 24 bit playback?  Something tells me I read that it did not.  There is a thread on audiocircle about this unit fyi.
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline L Ron Hoover

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 02:17:25 PM »
I'm glad I haven't purchased it yet then. I could not find the thread on audiocircle. I searched and searched too.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 02:20:20 PM »
I thought the lack of any mention of 24-bit in the description was a little suspicious.  Disappointing.

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 03:49:21 PM »
I will post the thread when I get home.  It was there yesterday.  I looked at this unit awhile back when I was researching the squeezebox, and I am quite certain about my aforementioned statement re: 24 bits.  I think the data sheet on the linksys site tells about this. 

Just get a squeezebox, you won't be disappointed.
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline L Ron Hoover

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 06:06:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure this model is new within the last month or so. Not to mention that it's $200 less than a squeezebox. I really don't need a fancy display, or anything like that. All I need is a device to send zeros and ones to my Sony.

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 08:38:08 AM »
I will look into the specs more today.  I looked for a good 30 minutes for the thread at audiocircle last night, and the thread must have been deleted or something.  Maybe it took a downhill turn at some point.  Sorry about that.  I know for a fact it was there on Saturday, as I read the entire thing.

EDIT:  I found it.

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=25741&highlight=airport

Offline L Ron Hoover

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 01:46:23 PM »
That link doesn't mention the linksys model at all. I sent them an e-mail. Hopefully someone will respond that understood my question.

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 03:33:52 PM »
at $8x.xx for the linksys box, at a minimum it's worth picking up and testing for bit-perfect transfers.  One issue I caught in Linksys' minimal documentation is that the device appears to interface with the windows computer as a standard soundcard.  I'd strongly suspect that, in doing so, it acts like most other consumer soundcards and resamples 44.1k digital material to 48k.

Offline L Ron Hoover

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 04:39:55 PM »
That makes sense now that you mention it Darrin.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.141 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com