Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: semi-wireless laptop -> speakers transmission?  (Read 1516 times)

Offline dmaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • dance spaceghost dance!
    • ToriTraders
semi-wireless laptop -> speakers transmission?
« on: July 22, 2006, 04:32:36 PM »
in a semi-related question to the previous thread (if I get new speakers, the girlfriend gets my old speakers if I can make this happen...)

Is there any product out there (google is failing me today) that doesn't suck that can send audio from a laptop to speakers? 

The speakers don't have to be wireless, and really I'd like to be able to use a normal set of old Creative labs speakers if possible.   

However, as it's a laptop I'm wanting to hook up to... I'm hoping that some sort of wireless transmission from the laptop to the speakers exists.  I realize there's a good chance something will be lost in the transmission process, but the sound doesn't have to be awesome audiophile quality, just better than the normal laptop speakers on your average Dell laptop. 

http://www.nextag.com/Terk-Leapfrog-WaveMaster-30-56607836/prices-html?nxtg=27f20a1c0523-6DBC51511237DA54

something like that, but without the necessity of video perhaps?  Anyone using anything like this and have any pros/cons of it?

Offline tscales

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • .:www.timscales.net:.
Re: semi-wireless laptop -> speakers transmission?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 01:31:24 PM »
I've been trying to figure out a good way to do something like this as well - I think I'm gonna get a squeeze box and take a old noisey desktop pc of mine and throw a 500gb drive in to it, get Fedora (stable linux version) running with a slim server (squeeeze boxes software)  and hard wire that from the basement to my router/network and to the squeeze box by my stereo - just for 24 bit - it could be wireless.  That way the music is sent from the basement pc to stereo, but I can control it all with a little laptop via slim server or whatever.   Laptop would basically be a bad ass remote.

I am still waiting to discover a better idea.   I would love to hear some thoughts on it.

Life's a garden.  Dig it.

AKG 393s > UA-5 (w-mod +) > D8 / Fujitsu T70G

Live Recordings..  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/tscales

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com