Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I-River input impedance?  (Read 6723 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: I-River input impedance?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 05:13:28 PM »
I just checked all controls are digital encoders so its all digital no analog.

I do not understand your question sorry max input with analog attenuation? There is not such thing as analog attenuation in a digital circuit. Or are you talking externally if so the max input could be 100volts if you attenuate the signal enough :)
I will say that most recorders that have unbalanced inputs are 10k or pretty close too it.
The deck has some level controls that work in teh analog domain.
What is the max analog signal for 0dBFS I can feed into the deck with just the help of the analog level controls?
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline graemecogger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • Graeme's Galleries
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 07:25:33 PM »
How did you measure it with an ohm meter or a impedance meter? they are very different measurements.

Chris Church

I know it is because I have measured it with an impedance meter its aprox 10k

That's kind of weird  ???
My H120 is about 2.2K, not 10K - mostly influenced by a 2K7 resistor to the positive supply.  Maybe they changed the spec at some point?

Effectively a home-made impedance meter :)  1kHz signal into the input via a variable resistance - gave me about 2K2.  I also checked the DC resistance to the supply (current when shorted to GND, voltage when open circuit etc.), which was about 3.7K  From the circuit posted by the Rockbox developers, that's almost certainly 1K from V+ to an electrolytic (to GND), then 2K7 to the output.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 07:41:52 PM »
Thats not what I got when I measured it with my hp impedance meter. Not that it really matters

Chris Chruch

How did you measure it with an ohm meter or a impedance meter? they are very different measurements.

Chris Church

I know it is because I have measured it with an impedance meter its aprox 10k

That's kind of weird  ???
My H120 is about 2.2K, not 10K - mostly influenced by a 2K7 resistor to the positive supply.  Maybe they changed the spec at some point?

Effectively a home-made impedance meter :)  1kHz signal into the input via a variable resistance - gave me about 2K2.  I also checked the DC resistance to the supply (current when shorted to GND, voltage when open circuit etc.), which was about 3.7K  From the circuit posted by the Rockbox developers, that's almost certainly 1K from V+ to an electrolytic (to GND), then 2K7 to the output.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline udovdh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 04:08:39 AM »
We are talking line in here?
Hmm.
this is not good if it is really taht low.
Even lower than the MT!  ???

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com