Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ADK FREEKIN' ROCKS!!!  (Read 3487 times)

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
ADK FREEKIN' ROCKS!!!
« on: May 17, 2005, 06:12:55 PM »
So, last week, I was tlaking to someone on Yard Sale about one of my ADK mounts being loose and I thought about buying his as he had replaced his with super-mounts...  He suggested I talk to ADK first, which I did.

So I wrote ADK an email explaining my problem and why I was looking to buy anohter set of mounts:  the mounting ring is loose and no matter how I tighten the ring to the mount thingy, it stays loose and floppy.  Sucks.  So they started talking and stuff and stuff and finally, someone over there said they would send me out a new mount. 

I figured, they would send me a replacement mount, one ismilar to the ones I have...  Boy was I surprised!!!

Here's what's I got (see photo below).  These are beefier than my originals, and they seem a lot more sturdy around the "ring to thing" mount (for lack of better word).  And they have that cool ADK logo emblazoned on the side (duuuuude!!!).  I offered to pay for them, but they kinda ignored that...  And so, this is the surprise part, I received 2x whole new mounts to replace my existing 2 mounts!!!

Wow!  What great custumer service!!!  So if you are in the market for kick ass mics with kick ass people supporting you, then check out ADK.  You will NOT regret it!!!

Thanks to Larry, JP and the rest of Team ADK, +Ts to all!!!

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: ADK FREEKIN' ROCKS!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 06:20:15 PM »
sweet man+T ray

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 07:03:36 PM »
I've heard nothing but great things about that company :)
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 09:15:33 PM »
yup, they rock....they took care of me nicely when I got my TL's...the set I ordered did not come with the supermounts or windscreens...got the mics, regular mounts and crappy windscreens...3 days later I got the supermounts and nice wind screens for free
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

radioboy1977

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 09:20:55 PM »
wow!  now there's a company that goes above and beyond.  word travels.  i wouldn't be surprised if they got a few orders just because of this thread.  hell, if i weren't so happy with my AKG's, i'd consider picking up a pair of ADK LD's ;D

Offline leegeddy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 09:24:56 PM »
they are indeed great. they replaced both of my super mounts for my tl mics.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline Tyler McGhee

• has developed quite a tolerance...
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • head on down to south park and meet some friends..
    • Piqtu Multimedia
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 04:47:34 PM »
so all i have to do is ask for a new pair of supermounts and they'll send them to me for free??
ADK A-51 TL's /DPA 4061 / AKG e451b > Lunatec V3 optical/spdif out > JB3 (16/48) / VxPocket 440 > Dell Inspiron 8500 (24/48)> WaveLab 5.0

http://www.piqtu.com

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »
Don't abuse it!

they are great though.  Somewhere in the annals of TS you can find my story about repairing mics and temporary replacement mics... amazing.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Tyler McGhee

• has developed quite a tolerance...
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • head on down to south park and meet some friends..
    • Piqtu Multimedia
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 05:12:09 PM »
i would be willing to buy them as well. are they being sold anywhere?
ADK A-51 TL's /DPA 4061 / AKG e451b > Lunatec V3 optical/spdif out > JB3 (16/48) / VxPocket 440 > Dell Inspiron 8500 (24/48)> WaveLab 5.0

http://www.piqtu.com

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 05:15:06 PM »
coming attractions in the Yard Sale by twatts:

FS: Used ADK shock mounts  ;D

edit: lack of clarity  ;)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 10:30:03 PM by Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan »
Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

Offline leegeddy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 12:33:49 AM »
so all i have to do is ask for a new pair of supermounts and they'll send them to me for free??

don't know....

one of my supermount's weld joint failed and ADK replaced it. when i received the replacement mount, they had sent me the updated version of the supermount which is different than what i had. so, larry at ADK simply sent me a 2nd supermount to match.

larry was super nice on the phone and simply made everything right for my situation.
marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline Josh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 11:38:56 AM »
gotta fluff them too...

within 2 days of emailing larry V about my supermounts, i had 2 brand new supermounts, 8 bands and a set of mounting rings plus a logo Tshirt.

they kick ass.
AKG 481/3>bumblebee Miagis>V3>jb3

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2005, 03:27:53 PM »
an overdue post, since i needed to get a new camera.  i wrote larry regarding my elastics that were fried, we spoke about a bunch of different stuff, including that dread clampitt was practicing around a single TL.  he sent me a decade's supply of elastics and two t-rings, a new item not in production yet, then.  don't know if any of you have gotten any, but these are great for fixed mounting or lowpro(if an LD can be lowpro)

Anyhow, huge kudos to Larry and ADK.

jr
we all live downstream.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.157 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com