Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam HD-P2 firmware update - v1.05  (Read 2037 times)

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
Tascam HD-P2 firmware update - v1.05
« on: August 15, 2007, 01:21:21 PM »
Released August 2007
download it here:
http://www.tascam.com/details;9,11,52,19.html

from the PDF file with the updates:

Version 1.05
August 7, 2007

Maintenance

Previously, the HD-P2 would incorrectly continue its transport motion when receiving still frame time code. This has been corrected in 1.05.

Previously, the HD-P2 would not re-chase according to the setting of Auto Trigger when receiving moving time code after receiving still frame time code. This has been corrected in 1.05.

The Scan Media function, which is part of the Windows CE operating system used by the HD-P2, has been found unreliable in rare cases. To avoid data corruption by Scan Media, this function has been removed.

unfortunately, nothing about a fix for the fact that the HD-P2 totally freezes when you hit 8 gigs of recorded material (not a problem with 8 GB or smaller cards.  definitely a problem with 12 or 16 GB cards).

however, seeing as how v1.04 was released in Feb '06, this firmware update tells me that at least Tascam is still willing to update the firmware.  I still believe that the 8gig freeze problem can be resolved with a firmware update.

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • lost cause
Re: Tascam HD-P2 firmware update - v1.05
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 01:37:27 PM »
Released August 2007
download it here:
http://www.tascam.com/details;9,11,52,19.html

from the PDF file with the updates:

Version 1.05
August 7, 2007

Maintenance

Previously, the HD-P2 would incorrectly continue its transport motion when receiving still frame time code. This has been corrected in 1.05.

Previously, the HD-P2 would not re-chase according to the setting of Auto Trigger when receiving moving time code after receiving still frame time code. This has been corrected in 1.05.

The Scan Media function, which is part of the Windows CE operating system used by the HD-P2, has been found unreliable in rare cases. To avoid data corruption by Scan Media, this function has been removed.

unfortunately, nothing about a fix for the fact that the HD-P2 totally freezes when you hit 8 gigs of recorded material (not a problem with 8 GB or smaller cards.  definitely a problem with 12 or 16 GB cards).

however, seeing as how v1.04 was released in Feb '06, this firmware update tells me that at least Tascam is still willing to update the firmware.  I still believe that the 8gig freeze problem can be resolved with a firmware update.
nice
I wonder if tascam refuses to look into it if there was a way we could hack the firmware ourselves.
I don't have a clue on how to proceed with this myself but maybe I'll start reading.
I guess the first thing to do would be to de assemble the firmware and try to read their code.
It's reassuring that they at least have an update available..
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com