Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Zaxcom Nomad  (Read 12624 times)

Offline dointhatrag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • my band
Re: Zaxcom Nomad
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 03:05:59 PM »
External power is on 4 pin hirose which gives you just about endless options..

Hmm, have they changed it?  The specs and photos above indicate external power on a Switchcraft L712 connector...

This thread is more than 1 year old, those are old specs I guess, mine is hirose..
Schoeps + Neumann + DPA - Sonosax PR - Apogee Mini Me - 24/96

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 04:05:08 PM »
I am a proud owner of a Zaxcom Nomad Lite, I am getting just under 3 hours usage on the internal AA's  with 2 dpa 4011 mic's.

the 6 pre's are incredible, I have not reached for my sonosax once yet since owning this nomad. This unit is the best deal on the market for 4,000.00

Henry Hirsch once stated that the only difference between 48k and 96k is drive space.

I am going to order another one and sync them for 20 tracks....

I am so glad I did not spend 3500.00 on the tascam hs-p82 !!!

enjoy your zaxcom - I love my hs-p82
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 09:16:13 PM »
the 6 pre's are incredible, I have not reached for my sonosax once yet since owning this nomad. This unit is the best deal on the market for 4,000.00

Ooooo. (But im not a fan of the sonosax preamps to start with, however they are generally well regarded)

I. Want. One.

Any other notes from usage?
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline dointhatrag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • my band
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 10:21:51 PM »

Ooooo. (But im not a fan of the sonosax preamps to start with, however they are generally well regarded)

I. Want. One.

Any other notes from usage?

The only way I could describe these pre amps is " A wire with gain"  they are totally transparent, and the dynamic range of this unit blows my mind, I am coming from the sound device 7 series world and now I can not think of a better recording chain for my mics than using zaxcom everything, It is hand made in usa and feels bullet proof. More options on filters than the SD 7 series. I was so happy I went to pro-sound in nyc and talked to Rich who sells all the units I was considering, his opinion ( and me knowing his background it ment a lot to me) was the zaxcom was far better sounding than the rest. What I do is record iso tracks, everything else is done in the DAW, there is nothing better out there for 4 grand that will record 10 iso tracks with 6 primo pre amps imo.  I also have a X4 (with a direct out mod) that I use for inputs 7-10.   At first I was a little concerned about not having any digi inputs or outputs but after using this unit I now see I would never use them anyways. As far as analog outputs go you have a lot of options and routing abilities..metadata entry is not a pain at all using the front knob, and  there are lots of nice instructional youtube vibs to check out.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:23:53 PM by dointhatrag »
Schoeps + Neumann + DPA - Sonosax PR - Apogee Mini Me - 24/96

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com