Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 722s on the WAY!!!  (Read 13551 times)

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • www.tapers.org
Re: 722s on the WAY!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2005, 01:21:29 PM »
Sonic Sense is expecting our first shipment in today, and they'll ship from us today as well.  exciting times.  also, best price we found for batteries is at http://www.batterybank.com  They have the 6600maH np-f970 for $42.95  ask for Stacey.

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2005, 01:54:58 PM »
there's a 970?   i got the 6000mAH one.  didn't know they had a 6600.  damn

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2005, 02:23:23 PM »

What type of battery does this thing take?

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2005, 02:31:14 PM »

What type of battery does this thing take?

Wayne

Sony L style
we all live downstream.

Offline Kwonfidelity

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Press Record!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2005, 07:05:58 PM »

...and they're the same size.

Keep in mind folks that running the biggest/powerful battery every time shouldn't be the only mindset.  The 6600mAh should be fine for several hours (4-5 hours, 4ch phantom) on a normal day, but it also gives the machine some serious backside to it where it makes it hard to mount in a bag - especially the porta made for it (Since it sticks out 3 times as much as the battery it was designed to hold).

Has anyone tried to splice the Sony A/C adapter (the one that has the battery looking module on one side) into a battery mount in order to trick the 744/722 to think that it indeed does have a D/C battery mounted to it but in a remote location?  Therefore not hacving to go to an external 12V...

Southern Recording, Inc.
High Fidelity Audio Capture

Offline fozzy

• move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2005, 07:14:16 PM »

...and they're the same size.

Keep in mind folks that running the biggest/powerful battery every time shouldn't be the only mindset.  The 6600mAh should be fine for several hours (4-5 hours, 4ch phantom) on a normal day, but it also gives the machine some serious backside to it where it makes it hard to mount in a bag - especially the porta made for it (Since it sticks out 3 times as much as the battery it was designed to hold).

Has anyone tried to splice the Sony A/C adapter (the one that has the battery looking module on one side) into a battery mount in order to trick the 744/722 to think that it indeed does have a D/C battery mounted to it but in a remote location?  Therefore not hacving to go to an external 12V...

not familiar w/ these thing at all but found this when looking @ batterybank.  Might work, must have some sort of regulater to take it down to 7.2v

http://www.batterybank.com/carcord/sac550.html

EDIT: I can't read, this would be for DC but leaving the link incase anyone is interested
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 07:16:18 PM by fozzy »
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2005, 07:14:53 PM »
is that possible?  i'm willing to try to hack something up

Offline Kwonfidelity

• Taperssection Member
  • Press Record!!!
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2005, 07:22:47 PM »
not familiar w/ these thing at all but found this when looking @ batterybank.  Might work, must have some sort of regulater to take it down to 7.2v

http://www.batterybank.com/carcord/sac550.html

EDIT: I can't read, this would be for DC but leaving the link incase anyone is interested

That must be the generic sony one.  The one I'm talking about has a sony two prong plug at the other end instead of the car adapter.  My thought is that this can be hacked and spliced onto a sony mount on the other end so that it can send the 7.2V into the camera.  If it's direct current from the battery it won't need a transformer to volt down.

Edit:  On second thought, the transformer is porbably inthe battery module on the mounting end.  So if they were smart enough to put a inline transformer in there it won't volt down a 7.2 volt current.  But my feeling are that it isn't and it will volt down the 7.2v coming into the module...thoughts?

Someone get to it   ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 07:27:58 PM by Kwonfidelity »
Southern Recording, Inc.

Offline wboswell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2005, 10:00:26 PM »

Offline fozzy

• move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2005, 10:36:35 PM »
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
we all live downstream.

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2005, 09:28:46 AM »

722 isn't going to give you four channels. Well, for that matter neither is the 744T going to give you four channels of phantom (2 line, 2 mic w/phantom).

It will be interesting to see how people use the 744's. I suspect we'll start seeing a whole lot more matrix recordings from people who have the 4 channel units (at least from the bands that allow board access). Speaking of which, is there any type of delay on the 744? I'm wondering if it's possible to add delay to the line inputs or if you'll have to do that in post.

Wayne

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2005, 09:36:49 AM »
One of the online manuals discussed a per-track delay that could be enabled. I don't know if that was a production manual, though.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline Kwonfidelity

• Taperssection Member
  • Press Record!!!
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2005, 09:59:46 AM »
It will be interesting to see how people use the 744's. I suspect we'll start seeing a whole lot more matrix recordings from people who have the 4 channel units (at least from the bands that allow board access). Speaking of which, is there any type of delay on the 744? I'm wondering if it's possible to add delay to the line inputs or if you'll have to do that in post.

Wayne

422 > 744T - Send the 4 direct outs from the 422 into the 744, so yes, I won't be using the phantoms on the 744 unless I run a 4 to 2ch mixdown from the 422 into the line inputs, then use two more microphones right into the 744 with phantoms.  That's 6 micsrophones.  We've tested this out at a symphony hall to run direct input surround sound which worked well, but the built in delay leaves something to be desired - the word is that they are working on this for the next firmware.  The delay configuration in the 744 was designed to compensate for the mixed use of digital hybrid wireless versus analog wireless variances in signal processing...
Southern Recording, Inc.

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2005, 10:16:11 AM »
422 > 744T - Send the 4 direct outs from the 422 into the 744, so yes, I won't be using the phantoms on the 744 unless I run a 4 to 2ch mixdown from the 422 into the line inputs, then use two more microphones right into the 744 with phantoms.  That's 6 micsrophones.  We've tested this out at a symphony hall to run direct input surround sound which worked well, but the built in delay leaves something to be desired - the word is that they are working on this for the next firmware.  The delay configuration in the 744 was designed to compensate for the mixed use of digital hybrid wireless versus analog wireless variances in signal processing...

This was one reason I pulled my order for the 744T. In some private emails with one of the SD engineers, he mentioned using the 442, which is an awesome unit, but since I had a 4 channel eng mixer already. He mentioned specifically some of the benefits of the 442, which I couldn't argue with, but for just a bit over the price of a new 744 & 442 I could pickup a full 8 channel recorder and dump the mixer. For me that was pretty important. I haven't had much luck with the wireless unit I borrowed from Zaxcom with the Deva IV using the built-in delay. Part of that I think is simply operator issues. I'm hoping to give it another test before this weekend when I have to press it into use for real. Then next week I have to ship the wireless unit off back to Zaxcom, so I won't get much chance to play with it after that. Although I'm already thinking I might want to pick one up for future use.

Wayne

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com