Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 722 new issue - meters go haywire and records music and pops  (Read 9959 times)

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 722 new issue - meters go haywire and records music and pops
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 03:52:03 PM »
1.37 has been the most stable firmware out there since the 1.15 that came preinstalled on my 722. SD has made it clear that in no way should any of those old firmware builds be in use right now. 1.24 was the most problematic for users, based on comments on their support board.

If anyone has a 722 or 744t in front of them right now, I have a small favor to ask. Could you PM me?
Out of the game … for now?

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 04:03:32 PM »
actually truth be told, 1.15 was probably the most stable...everyone I know on it has had zero problems.  The biggest issue has been that the lock all buttons function wasnt present on that release

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 04:56:37 PM »
OK, follow up on this, Matt's post from the SD board below:

This is very strange. I listened to the mp3 files, and to my ears, sounds like a problem with the A/D converter chip. If it were a problem with the analog circuitry preceding the A/D, the level would change along with the gain pots. I very much doubt that this is a firmware issue. As unlikely as it sounds, it does seem to me that both of these cases are A/D converter problems. Please contact our support guys - Jon or Justin and we can arrange to get the units back to troubleshoot, or we can send you a new A/D board, which is a fairly straightforward replacement.

Matt

I just got off the phone with Jon and he is going to send me the AD board immediately...said it is a simple swap.  Will report back...

Offline wboswell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 05:49:37 PM »
OK, follow up on this, Matt's post from the SD board below:

This is very strange. I listened to the mp3 files, and to my ears, sounds like a problem with the A/D converter chip. If it were a problem with the analog circuitry preceding the A/D, the level would change along with the gain pots. I very much doubt that this is a firmware issue. As unlikely as it sounds, it does seem to me that both of these cases are A/D converter problems. Please contact our support guys - Jon or Justin and we can arrange to get the units back to troubleshoot, or we can send you a new A/D board, which is a fairly straightforward replacement.

Matt

I just got off the phone with Jon and he is going to send me the AD board immediately...said it is a simple swap.  Will report back...

how comforting...

I can't believe that it happened to both you and Fox, at the same show, within minutes of each other...  sounds like lightening striking twice...

How many times have you run 1.32?  I'm trying to think and I believe that ours has been run for 3 hours of Panic, a couple of hours with Patterson, and for a night of Truckers in Isle of Palms.  Have you reformatted?

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 06:13:16 PM »
actually running 1.37...only ran my unit once since I got it with no issues.  I am guessing that it isnt the firmware or they would be having more problems...the fact that two units failed that came from Cascade's latest alottment leads me to believe it is a component failure.  Am I happy about it?  No, but when they offered to send me the part, swap it out myself (as I wanted to used it this weekend) and it wouldnt void my warranty...eased my concern a little....

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 06:27:19 PM »
I have run a few times with 1.37 and have not seen that issue.

Noone should be running 1.32.  It may have workled a few times, but it will eventually fuck you. 
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline Zee

• Taperssection Member
  • Knuckle!
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005, 06:32:48 PM »
but when they offered to send me the part, swap it out myself (as I wanted to used it this weekend) and it wouldnt void my warranty

Im glad I have not seen any issues with mine yet. However, its good to know they have been fast with support issues and firmware releases. Take pictures of the A/D swap if you dont mind.
4022>v2>722
Please dither and resample as you see fit!

marc0789

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2005, 02:55:56 PM »
I had almost talked myself into going on the list. After the latest episode, think I'll wait to see what the sonosax looks like.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2005, 03:02:38 PM »
I had almost talked myself into going on the list. After the latest episode, think I'll wait to see what the sonosax looks like.

fwiw Marc, this incident appears to be isolated...take that for what it is worth

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2005, 03:09:26 PM »

fwiw Marc, this incident appears to be isolated...take that for what it is worth

The sonosax may have a preamp more to your liking.  I'd base a decision on that but I would not hesitate to get one on account of this issue.  The 722 is young product and they are still getting their processes dialed in.   You're going to find that in any new product to some degree.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2005, 07:01:02 PM »
>>I had almost talked myself into going on the list. After the latest episode, think I'll wait to see what the sonosax looks like.<<

just do it already!

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2005, 02:54:36 PM »
alright got the new board, replaced the previous...ran for a 30 minute span with no problems...will give it a run tonight to see if the problem is cured...

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2005, 07:26:20 AM »
ran last night with no visible issues.  Will take a look/listen to the waveforms tonight...hopefully the new board fixed the issue.

on a seperate note, ran the channels linked last night....cursing myself for not having done it sooner...

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2005, 10:39:41 AM »
i've been doing that when stealthing.  makes the initial level set soo easy..

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2005, 10:40:38 AM »
i've been doing that when stealthing. makes the initial level set soo easy..

just so much easier to deal with when the volume gets louder as the show goes...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com