Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Archos 400 Error/Problem  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Nickeh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Archos 400 Error/Problem
« on: May 27, 2007, 09:55:44 PM »
Hi everyone, first post here and I need some help saving a Symphony X show.

I recorded the 5/25 show in NYC on my Archos 400. However when I go to transfer the file from the Archos HDD to my computer I am told the file or directory is corrupt. When I try to listen to the file on the Archos all I hear is hiss. Someone please help!

Nickeh

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • it's recreational
Re: Archos 400 Error/Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 12:39:52 PM »
I'm not familiar with Archos products, but in my experience if you can't listen to the file on the device that recorded it then the file is usually toast.

Offline Nickeh

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 04:21:44 PM »
That would totally suck. Except it shows up as a gigabyte large file, I mean the info is there somewhere, which is why I hope that somehow I can salvage it.

Offline Nickeh

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 05:12:38 PM »
Been fucking around with the Archos a bit. First off deleted a few things as I only had about 1.5 gigs of free space left, and will be sure to have a lot more available in the future as that might have played into things.

I tried playing the file a few times, some times I got static, others another kind of static, one time an error message, and now I'm listening back to my show. I'm praying I can listen back to the whole thing. So then even if I can't do a proper digital transfer, I can run the archos output right into my soundcard as if I was doing a casette transfer.

Offline Nickeh

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:23:10 PM »
After three tries the most I can get through is a little over a half hour, and then it turns to static. I guess this will be a partial show :(

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.129 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com