Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MME>V2 or V3 ?  (Read 6714 times)

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
MME>V2 or V3 ?
« on: August 22, 2003, 12:22:47 AM »
I was talking with a taper tonight and he was telling me that he had problems with the usb from the mme to the computer and told me he put a v2 in between it and got rid of a lot of his problems.  I was wondering what other peoples thoughts were and if this was a good idea. if so i would pick up a v2 or v3 if someone on here has one cheap or knows where to get one cheap.

Thanks for your time
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
Re:MME>V2 or V3 ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 12:29:34 AM »
i can't comment about the problems w/ the minime via usb but there is an ebay link in the used gear section for a v3 w/ a buy it now price of $1250.  also there is a v2 w/ battery and charger on ebay for $700.

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 12:46:41 AM »
if you put the v2/3 behind the mme what are you going to record onto?  you won't be able to input to your laptop via the mme that way...
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 01:08:36 AM »
ummmmmmmmm
sounds like that taper should also try running the usb out of the minime into his mouth, then some crazy type of cable out of his ass and into a friggin v2 before his laptop... but he'd better watch out, 'cause if the impedance of the cable out of his ass is too high, he might get constipated and block the signal and not get a phatty pull that night...
actually, it sounds like there was some miscommunication somewhere between you and the taper. any ideas, anyone?

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2003, 01:43:56 AM »
yeah, basically what armen said...putting a v2, v3, or anything other pre into the mix will have absolutely no effect whatsoever on any problems you may or may not experience between the minime and your laptop.
get a usb 2.0 pcmcia card, that may solve your problems with the minime going into your laptop.  maybe that's what he meant to say... the only thing that a v2/3 would do for you is give you a different preamp sound.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2003, 02:03:29 AM »
cool thanks guys
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline danmorgan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2003, 07:46:37 AM »
ummmmmmmmm
sounds like that taper should also try running the usb out of the minime into his mouth, then some crazy type of cable out of his ass and into a friggin v2 before his laptop... but he'd better watch out, 'cause if the impedance of the cable out of his ass is too high, he might get constipated and block the signal and not get a phatty pull that night...
actually, it sounds like there was some miscommunication somewhere between you and the taper. any ideas, anyone?

LMFAO @ that one Armen.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2003, 09:41:49 AM »
ummmmmmmmm

hehe, nothing like a good ass patch
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com